LOWER IT! ideas?

txlyman

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had my '09 for a season now, and put 5k on it. I love the damn thing. That being said, I'm getting the winter project itch and since I can't tinker on the cars in the winter, I believe the bike is going to get some goodies.

I'd like to change up the way it sits. How can I go about getting the fz6 lower to the ground? I understand it is a tad bit different as far as the triple trees and the fact that we don't have too much support in this area. Naked is an option for turning clearance.. but would I have to do a full r6 front conversion as well to lower the front? and a r6 rear section to fit an adjustable shock and lowering link?

Oh, and I do understand this can hinder performance. Right now this is all brainstorming.:thumbup:

Let me know any of your thoughts on this subject.

Check my site links below for details on my hyperpro lowering springs. They are the best lower budget options. You can spend more and change more if you search for suspension, shock or forks. There is loads already here with what people think of them too.

Last edited:
You don't need new forks to lower them, though you may want to think about heavier springs if you plan to go too low.

Lowering the rear is the hard part (and more expensive) as it's a direct link system, without a "dog bone" linkage like a lot of bikes have.

Also, don't just lower the front by dropping it in the forks as it will make the bike twitchy at speed and turn much quicker. Lower the front and the back the same amount though.

Back