Metzler M7RR rear with HUGE bubble!!!!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What a weekend!!! FINALLY got an opportunity to put some miles on the old girl. After 450 miles on the new combination, I have the following observations:
1 - New tires always feel great, but the Dunlops feel really really good. They act precise and predictably, and inspire confidence.
2 - ...or maybe the Ohlins shock just makes everything better. I am sure it is a lot of both. I need some more preload to get the sag in line, and maybe need to tweak the rebound, but out of the box it is working well.
3 - The stock suspension on the FZ6 is its weak point. Even unadjusted, the Ohlins is better than the stock rear shock. And with the R6 forks up front, the bike is more fun than ever to ride.

Hope to start racking up the miles finally.....

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The shock helps ride comfort (it doesn't crash over uneven pavement), but the Q3+'s do stick to the road like no other street tire. They warm up instantly and give excellent feedback. It's good that you put on the shock, because the down side of the Q3+ is the stiff sidewall which translates into harsher ride. They are not as stiff as a race tire, but much more so than a touring tire. I've ridden every Dunlop Qualifier since the original, and the Q3+ really is a great performance street tire - and it will last 5,000 miles.

Let me know when we are going riding.