Missing Washer in Front Fork

fictitiousspoon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I have a 2005 FZ6 which recently decided it was time to puke fork oil all the over my brake caliper and the floor, so I am replacing the seals.

While disassembling the right fork (as seen from sitting on the bike, the one with the pinch bolt on it), I noticed that there seemed to be a washer missing between the fork spring and the spacer that sits in the top of the tube, just under the fork cap. When I took out, the spacer seemed kind of jammed into there and when I got it out, the spring was stuck in the bottom of it.

The missing washer is part 19 in the diagram

As far as I know the forks have never been disassembled, but I bought the bike used (at around 26,000kms)

This isn't just some crazy year difference or something that isn't listed in the parts diagram, is it?

Thanks

bigborer

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's just a washer meant to prevent the spacer from chewing in into the spring (or vice versa). 100% it should have had one.

Just replace it with any other metal washer that's the same size as the OD of the spring and in similar thickness to the one from the other leg.

fictitiousspoon

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome, thanks guys. I was going to get a replacement from the dealership but apparently the part is discontinued, so good to know that the part isn't anything special.