PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ben Spies: “Off to surgery tomorrow! Bet Carlo is so excited he wont remember to wipe the powder off his nose.”

I actually saw this tweet before he deleted it and wondered who he was taking a shot at. Mom to the rescue. Can't make this stuff up.

Beyond the Ben Spies Twitter Fiasco

Heh! I saw that tweet on my feed as well...no idea what it meant, but I guess the cat's out of the bag! Phone calls and apologies. :rolleyes:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
I remember Kevin Swantz used to coach him, wonder if he has been in the last couple of years. Seems like Ben is just kind of "out there" and not focused. Don't think he handled the sudden rush to success very well but probably better than I would have at that age! Sad cause I would like to see him do well but with all of the crashes and stuff will anyone be willing to take a chance on him? Have heard different theories about his time at Yamaha MotoGP but really did he think they would back him over the rider who won the championship the year before?

Have you seen Joe Roberts ride? Amazing kid and looks like he has a great future.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember Kevin Swantz used to coach him, wonder if he has been in the last couple of years. Seems like Ben is just kind of "out there" and not focused. Don't think he handled the sudden rush to success very well but probably better than I would have at that age! Sad cause I would like to see him do well but with all of the crashes and stuff will anyone be willing to take a chance on him? Have heard different theories about his time at Yamaha MotoGP but really did he think they would back him over the rider who won the championship the year before?

Have you seen Joe Roberts ride? Amazing kid and looks like he has a great future.

Yes, and all the more sad with both Hayden and Edwards potentially leaving GP at the end of the season.

Hadn't heard of Joe Roberts. At 16 it'll be a few years yet before GP but he's looking real promising from what I see online.

https://www.facebook.com/joerobertsracer

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
He did it again. He's gone and tweeted then deleted it moments later. Mom must have caught him. :spank:

I'd love to see him make a comeback but '09 was a long time ago and he could be without a bike next year.

iiGB16rSRAL38.jpg

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He did it again. He's gone and tweeted then deleted it moments later. Mom must have caught him. :spank:

I'd love to see him make a comeback but '09 was a long time ago and he could be without a bike next year.

iiGB16rSRAL38.jpg

Seems harmless, wonder why it was deleted?