Motor stop

max118

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, my FZ6 engine stop sometimes for no reason. The TPS has been changed. Do you think that the key could be the problem? The kill switch is clean. Rectifier? Injector?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A little more detail please...

Does just the engine die, dash still powered up, any codes thrown?

Do you loose all power (like a disconnected battery), do you loose the clock setting?

Does it come and go at random intervals?

Do you have an immobilizer?

MOST importantly, how do you know the Red "kill switch is clean"?

Last edited:

max118

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for not enough detail. I propably make some mistake in my english, im not very good.

The engine stop but the power still on the dash. Light on, no code on the dash.

After engine stop, I push start button and he start no problem, or start with compression ( downshift 2 gear and release the clutch)

For the red kill switch i want to say that is not dirty inside housing.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your engish is fine, just needed more info to help..:)

The immobilizer is mostly used in Europe. In the US, its not available. The bike would have came with a red key. I doubt that's your issue anyway..

For the kill switch, do you use that switch often?

Did you physically pull the switch apart and look at the contacts? Looking at the exterior is meaningless...

That switch is a known issue to wear and not give a good connection causing the engine to die(as yours is behaving).

Read this thread, especially post #14;

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-electrical/48311-run-switch-faulty-2.html?highlight=kill+switch

Last edited:

bogdan192

Reaction score
Visit site
I had this problem a year ago due to a deffective kill switch. It would turn my engine off mid-cruise for apparently no reason. No errors on the dIAG mode. How I diagnosed it? Gently tap on the kill switch with the engine in operation. Just enough to shake it, not enough to move it into the OFF position. In my experience this led to the engine switching off.

After replacing the entire right nut (the one containing the kill switch) this problem no longer occured. A dirty fix would be to cancel it by soldering the wires.

max118

Reaction score
Visit site
I resolved the problem, i dont know how hahahah. I cleaned all connector, tighten ground and remaked rooting of all wire behind headlight. I did 200km yesterday and my engine did not stop.