Motorbeurs 2009 in Utrecht

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great, don't buy away all the special deals tomorrow :D:

Well thats the general Idea :thumbup: actually I don't really need anything, but when has that ever stopped me.
Seriously last year I noticed a big difference between Friday and Saturday, as the show goes on there were less and less great bargains, and the standard sizes (of the bargains) were all gone. Menno I hope you're either a dwarf or a giant :justkidding:.

Enjoy :thumbup:
I most definately will :rockon:

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a great day, this morning it was nice weather and the sun was showing itself so I decided to take the scenic route to Amsterdam, and then get on the highway to Utrecht :thumbup:.

Here are a few shots I took:
A diesel bike
View attachment 13336
The new naked diversion (XJ6)
View attachment 13337
The new faired diversion (which I thought looked pretty good)
View attachment 13335

There was a serious low number of FZ6's at the yamaha stand (only one faired one), whilst last year they almost had the whole range on display
I hardly bought anything (just some basic filtered ear plugs) but I really enjoyed myself.

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanx for the nice photo's. The FZ6R and XJ6 don't have mudguards, don't know why. I figured with the Europe launch there wasn't any FZ6R's? Any more photo's, post please.

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back from the Motorbeurs, time to give my feet some rest :)

It was a very crowded day but I still enjoyed it. Couldn't find any Puig windscreens or hand protectors for my old FJ. I did buy myself new protective pants, some chain lube and a battery charger. Almost bought a Corbin saddle and a new Schubert C3 helmet. But after some deliberation over beer at the Eagle Rider cafe, with tunes of Hey Boyz from AZ I decided not to spend the money after all.

Yamaha stand had only one Fazer, the focus was on the new XJ6 and Diversion. I like the XJ6, also looked at some alternative bikes, I really like the Kawa Z750, and also the ER-6n. Don't worry I'll stick to the Fazer for this year, it's still a great bike ;)

I've got a selection of my pictures online here:
Motorstek - Fotoalbum

large

large

large

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back from the Motorbeurs, time to give my feet some rest :)

It was a very crowded day but I still enjoyed it. Couldn't find any Puig windscreens or hand protectors for my old FJ. I did buy myself new protective pants, some chain lube and a battery charger. Almost bought a Corbin saddle and a new Schubert C3 helmet. But after some deliberation over beer at the Eagle Rider cafe, with tunes of Hey Boyz from AZ I decided not to spend the money after all.
That music did my head in too ;)

Yamaha stand had only one Fazer, the focus was on the new XJ6 and Diversion. I like the XJ6, also looked at some alternative bikes, I really like the Kawa Z750, and also the ER-6n. Don't worry I'll stick to the Fazer for this year, it's still a great bike ;)

I've got a selection of my pictures online here:
Motorstek - Fotoalbum

Thanks for the great pics :thumbup:

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I would get the orange one if I had to buy a new fz6 now. :)
They also have a baby-blue that I don't like, and the traditional black.
Or I would get a blue xj6 diversion. :p

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanx for the pics. The photo thig usally happens with me as well. I think the bright lights coming from everywhere confuse the automatic lighting and focusing of the camera.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys for the pics! Good to see everybody had fun!

Today I received my Top Saddlery saddle, very glad I didn't buy that Corbin at the beurs. Now I only have to get my bike from the storage, but I'll do that after my skiiing holiday, so I'll have to wait 2 more weeks to try it out... Maybe I can sit on it in front of the TV too...

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys for the pics! Good to see everybody had fun!

Today I received my Top Saddlery saddle, very glad I didn't buy that Corbin at the beurs. Now I only have to get my bike from the storage, but I'll do that after my skiiing holiday, so I'll have to wait 2 more weeks to try it out... Maybe I can sit on it in front of the TV too...

Pleased you could buy your saddle and afford a skiing holiday to boot :justkidding: I've been skiing in March twice before, the first time we had great weather and the second time it was terrible (all slush and bald patches) and only the very top runs were OK for skiing. I really hope the weather holds for you, I know a lot of snow fell this winter as long as it doesn't thaw.

Anyway back to the motorbeurs:
I spent a lot of my time looking around for cheap (and good) boots, unfortunately I couldn't find any, I think I've got weird shaped feet or something as most really didn't fit my feet well. Anyway I ended up buying a pair of good (and more expensive ones) from my local dealer a couple of days ago.

I also went to the Alpine ear plug stand only to be refused a moulded pair of ear plugs, stupid me I'd forgotten I had had grommits (buisjes) put in my ears about 8 months ago, although they are out now I had to have a letter from my Doctor stating it was safe to fill my ear with liquid before they would do it. Bummer as the "beurs" price was really good and if I get it done in Alkmaar it will cost me €130 instead of the €89 in Utrecht :( . Anyway I bought a set of Alpine plugs standard shape to try out, the removable "filters" work well but the generic ear plug is not too comfy.

Menno how did your shopping go, did you manage to get some good stuff?