Motorbikes prohibited in UK Street (near ace's Cafe)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently there is a street near The Ace cafe in London where motorbikes are now prohibited. My thanks to The Spin Doctor for this info.

1174848_619248241452956_14862894_n.jpg

apparently bikers often held races in this street which runs past a hospital. Here's the source (on facebook) . Now I don't think it's that bad in this case, but it has now set a precedent, how many other roads will now be shut to (respectful) bikers :(

In Germany there are many roads shut to bikers on a weekend (here's a list), because of dangerous and noisy riders, and as I understand it the list is getting longer :eek:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel a new slogan coming on, forget "Loud pipes save lives"
"Loud pipes close roads"
Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel a new slogan coming on, forget "Loud pipes save lives"
"Loud pipes close roads"
Nelly

That IS good!!! Reminds me of a t-shirt I saw that said "If loud pipes save lives, just think how learning how to ride might help".

Yep, we have to police ourselves so that a few don't ruin it for the majority. In the US, we have the American Motorcyclist Association who lobbies and looks out for our rights as motorcyclists. They would be all over this one.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a video showing bikers using the road after a meet at the cafe:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDPkM0wcV8k]Ace Cafe roundabouts race track Park Royal London - YouTube[/ame]

:eek: I can now understand why they want to impose a ban :spank:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To be honest those guys don't seem to be racing, just enjoying the ride. Box hill in Surrey went the same way but you would see guys harassing other road users and riding like idiots. A few years ago I watched a guy total his brand new Ducati 851 coming off the roundabout at an insane speed. We have to Police ourselves especially when riding in groups.

Nelly

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm fairly certain I've never seen anyone racing around the industrial estate in question. More stunting and getting knees down on the roundabouts.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stunting on an A road is just plain stupid, sadly it leaves an anti bike taste in the mouth to your average road user.