Mounting Sena SMH10 on Shoei RF-1200

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So to make the off-season more exciting, I purchased a Shoei Rf-1200 to replace my old (and too-large) HJC RPS-10. I am getting ready to mount my Sena SMH10 (not the R) and the most obvious thing is the I want to make sure that don't underestimate the lower rim of the Shoei is scalloped unlike the bottom of the HJC.

At first glance it looks lke if I mount the Sena in the scalloped part , it might extend partially oce the side of the faceshield.

Anyway, I will trial-and-error the thing, but I was hoping to see if anyone can help me avoid the errors part :)

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Can't help with the fit part but be careful with the wires to the speakers as they are a bit fragile where they go into the speakers. I had one come apart not long after buying my SMH10. Sena was good about replacement under warranty.
I do like my Sena

BernoulliMagic

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe I've got the SMH10 as well on my RF1100. It fits and works like a charm without much hassle. I'm using the mounting bracket that secures via pressure/screws. The Sena's are a breeze to mount typically regardless of helmet and I imagine you'll be up and running in no-time. Tuck the wiring and as mentioned previously you'll want to be cautious of the cabling as it can be a bit fragile.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry. I should have mentioned that I had the Sena on the old helmet for 2 years. I was looking for any RF-1200 specific mounting advice.

My bad

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 and ditto on what BernoulliMagic said about the RF-1100. I don't think the helmet shell has changed much if any from the 1100 to the 1200 models.

I have this same setup on my RF-1100. It will take a little patience to install but it has worked very well for me with the same equipment. I am very happy with it.

If you have questions installing I can help you out. please PM me. I haven't been on the forum much in months.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got it mounted fine, Working out the speaker issue. Saw a post suggecting that I use the speakers velcro to stick them on top of the ear pads, but the rub my ears when I put the helmet on. Going to try nestling them in the pockets and covering them with the pads. Should be much better.

On a side note, my first test was a bust with Siri. Could not understand anything. I did just upgrade the firmware on the sena so not sure if it is that or if I need to change a config on the sena. I deleted and re-paired with iPhone to no avail.

Worked great in the HJC, so I'll get there. A work in progress.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you walking around the house with your helmet on talking to yourself?
When hubby and I first mounted our ScalaRiders on our helemts, we sat in different rooms and talked to each other. When our teenagers came home they said "it's official mom and dad have gone off the deep end." It was hilarious. :rockon: