My New BOTM Entry! LOL

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I finally did it! I'd been looking at BMW's now for awhile.....because of the factory low option they offer to us who are vertically challenged. At first I wanted the 800 ST, then had my eye on the 800 GT. But since I've been riding off paved roads for a bit now too, the GS just made more sense.
Long story short, John found this one at BMW of Denver:
BMW%20700%20GS_zpsil9baklp.jpg

They don't really discount the bikes, but there are a few perks for buying with them.
1) super nice staff
2) oil changes
3) discounted after market parts for 30 days
So, as soon as I get the crash bars, skid plate, and windshield installed, I'll post another pic, then another,and another, etc,etc, etc........ :sport12:

and stayed tuned....I'm gonna get the FZ1 ready for sale :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon:Congratulations! Love that bike! :cheer:Blah

I'm also at the point of looking for an adventure bike as my next. They work really well on the roads and there are trails I'd like to ride but I won't on the SV.

Then there's the luggage options for long haul touring!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hear ya brother.....this bike should do what the FZ1 & the XT225 do combined....Gads, I'm downsizing!
I'm gonna think about the luggage part, I have a month to decide. I'm going to try my Ogio's on it first to see if they'll work.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats, and :welcome: to the Beemer Club! I'm "vertically gifted" :D so I got a '09 R1200 GS. Haven't yet been able to part with my Fizzer, though.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, and while perusing luggage, make sure to keep an eye out for that gas cap access; removing a pannier for every gas fill-up would get old quick.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think you will experience it as a downsizing especially if you're not doing track riding now Lol!

That parallel twin will give you oomph where you need it for most of your environment whether it's city or open highway.

If you think these type bikes are slouches on the roadways in the spirited riding dept, I've ridden many miles with friends that have adventure bikes and they have totally gained my respect for their skill and the way those bikes perform in the turns.

I predict you will if not already, fall in love with your new ride!:rockon:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm "vertically gifted"
I remember Scott! You're even taller than my husband! :eek:

I don't think you will experience it as a downsizing especially if you're not doing track riding now Lol!
I predict you will if not already, fall in love with your new ride!:rockon:
The downsizing part was in reference to getting rid of a few things in the garage :rolleyes:
And your prediction is correct.....I'm loving this bike. John got my crash bars on today. :thumbup:

Thats a seriously nice bike Brenda, I especially like the red ;) Blah

Looking forward to your next BOTM entry :thumbup:
I initially wanted the white bike, but they had that puppy sold before it even hit the showroom floor!
I'd seen a pic of the black/red online and liked it, but when I saw it in the showroom, well, that was it! :blowkiss:

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool bike Brenda! We're in the process of doing the same thing. Picked up a super clean VStrom recently and now the FJR, Concours, KTM and CRF are for sale. Downsize the garage and get to exploring all these fire roads we pass around here.

BlackAndBlue

Reaction score
Visit site
very nice looking bike. those new r1200r's are killing me every time i see them. such tempting motorcycles. I'm curious to hear how this one does for you off road.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very Nice, maybe some hand guards as well for your off road excursions. :thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah, you need the BMW propeller on all your gear now.

Actually, I am on my second pair of BMW allround boots and have a pair of BMW winter gloves. Good stuff.