My new saddle.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Great review. I love my TS seat, it makes the bike a lot more comfortable. I was getting uncomfortable after ~80 miles, but with the TS I didn't have any trouble with 400.

I'll have to take pictures of mine later tonight. I'll also have to look under it too, because I didn't pay that much attention to the underside.

Last year I did a 700 trip in one day WITH my GF on the backseat!... of course a little soar (more legs than butts) but nothing special.

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE.

i emailed Top saddlery and told them about the seat not fitting right.

ME:
I ordered a seat from Top saddlery seat on the 16th of May. I received the seat on the 25th. The detail and workmanship is excellent. Unfortunately I have one problem with the seat. It does not fit properly on the motorcycle. there is quite a large gap between the front of the seat and the gasoline tank. I have included some attached photographs of the seat on the bike. also included are some pictures of the original Yamaha seat. It is latched and lock on properly onto the motorcycle. I have tried numerous times taking off and replacing the seat on the motorcycle with the same result every time.

TS:
Hello,

Could you confirm us that the front seat is correctly inserted in the hook ? Otherwise the gap may be due to the fact that the material is brand new and the seat cover is stretched ; in that case, you have to remove the seat from the bike and strap up the front of the seat (for example on achair) during one or two nights, it will correct the problem.

Thank you in advance for your confirmation.

Best regards,

Top Sellerie

ME:

Yes the seat is correctly latched. I have taken it off and re inserted it many times with the same result.
So How would I go about correcting this? could u give me more details. perhaps some photographs? thanks.

TS:
Hello,
Thank you for your confirmation. As mentioned in our previous e-mail, we think that the gap may be due to the fact that the material is brand new and the seat cover is stretched ; could you therefore try to strap it up as explained during two nights and if the problem keeps the same, please contact us again.
Thank you in advance for your confirmation.
Best regards,
Top Sellerie

ME:

I tried your suggested method to improve the fit of the seat on the bike. Unfortunately it did not work. There is still quite a noticeable gap at the front of the seat and also a gap has started to develop at the rear portion of the seat. Please reply as soon as possible thank you.

TS:
Hello,

Thank you for your confirmation ; we will send you on Friday (tomorrow is public holiday in France) a UPS label per e-mail you will have to print and stick on the parcel ; you will just have to call UPS to inform them so that they can pick up the parcel, it will be at our expense.
We will send you then another seat in exchange.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Top Sellerie

UPS picked up the seat last Monday. I think they should have it my Monday and my new seat will me here hopefully by the following week. will keep you guys updated.

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Update on yours? I had a problem with incorrect colors, now they sent me a new one to replace it and I'm having worse fitment issues than you!

So, I received my new seat and it looks GREAT.

Now I'm kind of torn, because the fitment of this one is NOT good. The other seat fit perfectly, no gap in the front, no gap in the rear, and clicked right into place into the locking mechanism.

This new one looks great, and from the looks of it the pan is "new" but looks like a TopSellerie formed item. Once place on the bike though, there is a noticeable gap in the front (yes the lip is inserted), and the rear doesn't cover the complete seat area.

This new one is not bad on comfort, but the previous seat was noticeably more comfortable. When I sit on this one, i can feel the seat move (because of gap in front), and the sitting area seams smaller than previous seat (area between tank and "backrest" type are (where the FZ6 lettering is...)

I'm kind of at a loss... I guess I will ride it more today and give it a chance... :(

Somewhat annoying.

Am I out of line to message them again? I'm becoming unpatient/letdown...

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a Top Celery saddle today, looks just like the one you have. Mine was a "bargain" deal but I doubt I would have designed anything different. Can't wait - I've been sitting on that plank long enough. We did a long overnight trip last weekend and my butt is still numb.

1212.jpg

Last edited:

gillespiej06

Reaction score
Visit site
i have the exact same problem with the stock seat. have sat on one of those before, and i want one. the sloping seat drives me crazy, expecialy when you brake hard.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
BTW sorry about the quality of the pictures, I used my phones camera. My regular camera is broken.

It's kind of funny how these days people apologize for the picture quality FROM A PHONE, when today's phone's cameras are leaps and bounds ahead of some of the earliest digital cameras.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
It's kind of funny how these days people apologize for the picture quality FROM A PHONE, when today's phone's cameras are leaps and bounds ahead of some of the earliest digital cameras.

Haha your right about that. I got a Sony Satio with 12 megapixel, and everything but the camera is kind of crap :D

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha your right about that. I got a Sony Satio with 12 megapixel, and everything but the camera is kind of crap :D

That's like my iPhone 4. It has something like a 5.3 megapixel camera. My digital camera only has 4. My first digital camera had somewhere on the order of 1 megapixel.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if their "bargain" deals are all the misfitting seats that people are shipping back to them? ;)

My guess is that yes, they are either returns or orders that people backed out of. Just the same, lots of people have ordered the bargain saddles and have had no problems with them.