need some advice about duralube

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
http://www.lion.com.my/LionBest.nsf/LB_PGDura?OpenForm
according to this, its ok to use DuraLube in a motorcycle engine and its not supposed to effect the wet clutch adversely. I understand duralube coats the cyclinder wall with a super slick molecular thin coating. Do any of you have advice on this? i use it in my car and it has actually saved one car i owned from burning up when the water pump belt broke on the highway, drove it to auto zone, got coolant, belt, drove home, let it cool down then fixed her right up.

W

wrightme43

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
They are all full of crap. Proof if you need it, but its easier to just trust me.

W

wrightme43

it had nothing to do with your car being ok. It is a total scam.

Ferris

Reaction score
Visit site
it had nothing to do with your car being ok. It is a total scam.

My thoughts exactly. There is nothing the lubrication system can do to prevent hot spots in a water cooled head. Luck had more to do with it then duralube.

With that said, I'm not sure it'll hurt anything but it's probably more a waste of money then anything.

W

wrightme43

No it actually hurts things. It clogs oil galleries, clogs filters, clogs tiny oil ports, never ever never use anything but oil. In my opinion it is better to use .50 cent a quart dollar general sorta recycled maybe oil than 25$-150$ additives.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks.

I have been using it in my car for a long time. that kind of scares me now. anyway, back on point, i didnt use it in my bike.
thank you

S

sportrider

No it actually hurts things. It clogs oil galleries, clogs filters, clogs tiny oil ports, never ever never use anything but oil. In my opinion it is better to use .50 cent a quart dollar general sorta recycled maybe oil than 25$-150$ additives.
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
motorcycle oil is different then car oil it has friction inhibitors for the clutch. if you use automotive oil, you risk frying your clutch from it slipping under a load.

I've never been a fan of all the "aftermarket" additives. slick50, STP oil treatment,ect. some of these have the consistancey of 90w gear oil. maybe if you were trying to sell something that had a rod knocking but not in a brand new bike!!!!:eek: