Need some suggestions for headlight kit

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys and gals,
I just purchased a 2006 FZ6 with just under 6k miles for $2300 and I don't like the current headlight kit. My FZ6 is also missing the front headlights, the rear headlights don't work, and it is missing mirrors as well. I am hoping to find a nice kit and I think I have. I bought this baby just before the snow storm and it is sitting in my friends garage now. I attached photos of my new baby. (edit: photos are blurry because it was 10 degrees when I got the bike. I was freezing and shaking while trying to take photos).

I browsed around the internet and the forum and I found the thread below and the first post has an AWESOME headlight kit.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/3443-post-your-fz6n-pics.html

Wavex, the guy who created that thread owns the bike. He hasn't posted on the site since november, so he may not be around. My question is, does anyone know what that headlight kit is called? I want it for my bike very badly!

Thanks in advance and I am excited to be the proud new owner of this FZ6.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the best forum on the www!
Congratulations on your FZ6! Interesting color and not the original paint.

Contact this member, dev_usc. He can get you a single headlamp assembly with hardware to mount right up. You may need to fix your headlamp switching because the US FZ6 models don't switch the H4 headlamps properly. Easy fix tough.

Check out this thread..http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/33925-2005-streetfighter-finished-now.html

Also there is a member LeaN69 that make brackets for the speedo.

Actually a nice color!

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the best forum on the www!
Congratulations on your FZ6! Interesting color and not the original paint.

Contact this member, dev_usc. He can get you a single headlamp assembly with hardware to mount right up. You may need to fix your headlamp switching because the US FZ6 models don't switch the H4 headlamps properly. Easy fix tough.

Check out this thread..http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/33925-2005-streetfighter-finished-now.html

Also there is a member LeaN69 that make brackets for the speedo.

Actually a nice color!

Thanks for the hearty welcome. It is much appreciated.

Yeah, the original paint color was red (the guy said he hated the color). When we looked at the bike we didn't even know that it was a paint job. The previous owner worked in a body shop. So, I think I have a very rare color on the road. I didn't know that when I was considering purchasing her.

Thanks for the lead and the people to contact. It is a pleasure to be here and I look forward to interacting with the guys and gals on the forum. Thank you again for your guidance!

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the Fz16 headlight looks good for a naked conversion. Also, I see someone did a Fz1 Euro Conversion Kit from partshark.com.

This website has a bunch of options

HeadLight Kits. StreetFighters Inc. One stop shopping for StreetFighter & Motorcycle Accessories.

Awesome. This is very helpful too. Thank you for commenting. This bike is going to be taken care of and treated like she should. I can't wait to get it looking like the way I want so I can share it with everyone!