Nelson-Riggs SLR-30 w solar panels.. anybody used them?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
For soft bags these look pretty neat-much cheaper than hard bags, compact for sport standards rather than massive for tourers, and it even appeals to the geek in me that they have solar panels for charging things...
2009_Nelson-Rigg_Touring_Saddle_Bag_Black.jpg

Nelson-Rigg Solar SLR-30 Touring Saddlebags - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Anybody strapped a pair of these on yet??

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
it's not a big deal to charge small devices with your bike's battery even when the bike is off. the draw is only a few milliamps.

in other words, you don't need the solar panels, just an outlet towards the rear of your bike coming from the battery.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh I know, I've already got a 12v setup, but the solar panel thing appeals to the geek in me lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
just remember those pesky hot things under the tail. nylon straps dont really like that kind of heat. havent tried anyl one-size-fits bags on mine but my SW Motech bags are pretty awesome. The solar panels are kinda cool tho.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I like those. I've been looking at luggage for the last couple of week and would be interested in anyone's experiences with them.

I'll post up my first impression tomorrow as they should be here tomorrow :D

I always forget you guys have to deal w the exhaust thing, the Versys' is way down and out of the way (and ugly!!!!!!)

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
those panels look a bit small but i suppose small devices should be ok. i'd be curious how much constant power they could supply and the longevity of the panels. let us know how it works out!