New brake disc rotors; ABS vs Non-ABS differences?

Peer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi.

I have a 2007 FZ6 S2 ABS, and I`m in the process of changing the brake discs to some aftermarked contoured stainless steel versions.
But most of the aftermarket discs on Ebay says its for Non-ABS models.
Anybody know if that is BS from the seller, just to be on the safe side. Or is there real differences? The ABS trigger wheel is not part of the discs so cant understand why the discs is different...

I tried to search here before posting, but nothing came up. Sorry if there already is a tread for this topic.

Per

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to this great forum Peer :thumbup:

I suspect that the brake disk for the ABS machine is a slightly different dimension to accomodate the sensor rotor on both the front and the back. It might be worth checking the official yamaha part numbers for the brake disk on both the pre ABS machine (before 2005) and the part number for the disk on the post 2007 ABS machines, if these are the same then there is no difference in parts. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Peer

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome, and thanks for the reply :)

I havent been able to find the part number for the ABS rotors, but I have found a drawing of the non-abs rotors with all the dimensions. Comparing that drawing, with my rotors, I cant find any differences, so I went ahead and ordered the non-ABS rotors.
They will show up in my mailbox in a couple of weeks. I'll keep You all posted :)

Per

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope they are the same. Sorry a bit late but the Yamaha numbers I come up with on the ABS model are Front brake disk: 5VX-2581T-01 and rear brake disk: 2D1-2582W-00 .
Hope these are the same numbers as for the non ABS model.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
Good question, was thinking that the bolt holes can fit with the OEM disk brake. Do let us know whether it's a match.

Last edited:

Peer

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope they are the same. Sorry a bit late but the Yamaha numbers I come up with on the ABS model are Front brake disk: 5VX-2581T-01 and rear brake disk: 2D1-2582W-00 .
Hope these are the same numbers as for the non ABS model.

Good luck.

Thanks for the part numbers.

Thats the exact same number I have found on a US page for the Non-ABS rotors. Since the US dont have the ABS option, I guess the rotors are the same.....
Time will show :)