Question New foot pegs?

T-Broke

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys! New to the forum and also New to the FZ6! The guy I bought my bike from put on some CHEAP foot pegs. I've been meaning to replace them but haven't yet. I was out in a ride the other day and stood up to go over a pothole and BAM. Both pegs snapped clean off the bike. Thankfully no I juries, and I was near a buddies house. Limped there, and swapped the passenger pegs forward.

So, my question is, I don't trust Amazon pegs. (Even though they look similar to the stick fz6 pegs) but, I also don't really want to spend the $60ish per side from factory pegs parts lists. Does anyone have any pegs they would recommend that aren't cheap pieces of crap and also won't break the bank?

Thanks for the help!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
These are nice and sturdy? Are they grippy with the ribbed cuts in them?
Very sturdy. I am no lightweight. At 230lbs, I can stand on the pegs all day and they are like a rock. And they are not slippery like the rubber ones when wet And apparently they can enhance your riding pleasure ( Thanks @Gary in NJ :) )

T-Broke

Reaction score
Visit site
Very good to hear. I might give them a shot. Found a set of oems from a parts bike. Not sure how much he wants for them. But, I might just go this route.

Thanks!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I had my FZ6 I had Jerry's inserts on both the rider and pass. pegs. They were excellent. While rubber might give a small protection from vibration, the serrrated billet ally the Jerry machined the inserts from gave the best grip in the wet.
But you need a set of the original base pegs to put the inserts onto.
I now have an XSR 900 and the pegs are all serrated ally and I reckon they would be the same size/configuration. At least I know the pass. peg bolt holes are as I am using a set of droppers to lower the peg position for my wife and I took them from the FZ and the transfer to the XSR was simple.