chris2332

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

New member here from London, grabbed my FZ6 S2 (07 model) last week.

Really excited about it but have a few things to take care of, before it's on the road.

So general questions/thoughts:

- Was thinking of getting an aftermarket exhaust (maybe Scorpion) to ensure the bike is louder and cars can hear me coming.
- I need to change tyres, anyone has any suggestions?
- And a few mods am thinking about:
- Heated grips
- Radiator guard
- Crash bobbins

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris.

linus

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Chris! :welcome:

Choose tires based on your riding style. I like to carve the mountain roads so I go with either the Michelin Pilot Power 3 or the Dunlop Q3. Both are super sticky but wear out quicker than most road tires. If you do more straight line riding then try the Michelin road pilots. Its best to check with your local riding groups as they can make the best suggestions for your area.

I opted for heated gloves instead of heated grips as the grips heat your palms but I feel the wind chill on the out side of my hands, on my knuckels etc. The brand I went with is Fistgear and got the carbon knuckle version of the heated gloves for added protection.

I too am looking into upgrading the exhaust for the very reason you mentioned. Cars don't know I am there with this stock exhaust. I rode a R6 with a Jardine pipe and it roared so much so that cars knew exactly where I was (safety). Looking at a couple of options here the Two Brothers, Scorpion and Akrapovic. Now to search for the sound bites to determine the best exhaust for my needs.

Enjoy!

chris2332

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey linus, thanks for the warm welcome mate.

Couldn't find any heated gloves at Fistgear's website.

I'll probably need a 12v power socket to plug the heated gloves.

I was thinking about the Michelin Pilot Road 3 or 4 cause I have heard good comments about them. I will only be doing commuting (35 miles a day) with the occasional B-roads on the weekend.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Chris, a big :welcome: to this forum.
I use heated grips together with winter gloves (well padded on the back) and they work great for my 45 mins commute.
I have pilot road 4's which I think are a great tyre, in good and bad weather (the Pilot Roads 3 are IMO not so good, due to cupping early which shortens their life).

Have fun', looking forward to hearing what you choose.

chris2332

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Cloggy!

Will go then for the PR 4s, if you had a good experience with them.

I had the Oxford Heated Grips in my old bike and worked pretty good, so will most probably go with them again.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about the Michelin Pilot Road 3 or 4 cause I have heard good comments about them. I will only be doing commuting (35 miles a day) with the occasional B-roads on the weekend.

Chris, as noted about the cupping, I agree.

I just (couple of months) replaced my front tire with ANOTHER PR2 just for that reason.. The tire doesn't have nearly as many grooves,

I got about 16,000 miles out of the front with VERY LITTLE CUPPING at the end of its life...

The rear, can't tell as I keep picking up nails/keys/crap in it, but currently have a PR3 on there...

linus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey linus, thanks for the warm welcome mate.

Couldn't find any heated gloves at Fistgear's website.

I'll probably need a 12v power socket to plug the heated gloves.

Hi Chris

These are the ones I got
gloves

You will also need a heat troller to power them
troller

Based on your riding style, commuting, the Pilot Roads are the way to go.

chris2332

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a lot guys for all the replies!!!

I will take some photos and put them online....

Still looking at gear and I need to sort out the tyres as said before.

Wanna get on the bike in a couple of weeks :)