New mileage for MOT....

WillFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I've just changed my clocks as the old display packed in, only problem is now that the mileage of the new clocks is 32000!!!!
The last MOT (when i was last able to see the mileage on the old display) was 16000!
So, do I just leave it as it is and try and explain the high mileage if I come to sell it? I can't see I have any other options......

I've just changed my clocks as the old display packed in, only problem is now that the mileage of the new clocks is 32000!!!!
The last MOT (when i was last able to see the mileage on the old display) was 16000!
So, do I just leave it as it is and try and explain the high mileage if I come to sell it? I can't see I have any other options......
Did you find any answer to this? I'm interested in the legal options of changing clocks as I'll shortly be doing it on a bobber I'm building (although I'll be using a brand new replacement).

I don't know the answer to this but I would guess that in your old clock there should be a chip that holds the milage data. Only a guess but worth looking into. Anyone else throw information into this thread.

There are several places that do mileage adjustment on digital clocks, car and bikes.
Google is your friend.

Back