FZ6 2006 for sale 2007 engine

Jack smith

Reaction score
Visit site
I’m selling 2006 FZ6 I’ve fitted a 2007 engine which only had done 7K have log book in my name , Carmo sorted my ecu as it had a fault , all works perfect now , new brake lines front and back Heli ones , new fork seals oil and filters changed , new MOT , main colour is Silver with black panels and as black engine now, changed engine as it had done 58K , and was not running when I brought the bike which proved to be the ecu . I’m asking £1850.00 for her sounds lovely from exhaust note coming out the rear seat pipes SOLD

Attachments

• IMG_6501.jpeg
    IMG_6501.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6467.jpeg
    IMG_6467.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with the sale. I'm curious about the year of the engine which you've listed as a 2017 because the last year of the FZ6 was 2009. Dis you mean it has a 2007 engine?

Jack smith

Reaction score
Visit site
We I will have to look at the log book for the 2017 bike it came out of , I just thought it was the same , it fitted in the frame fine and the exhaust and all the injection , I’ll check it all out this evening thanks for pointing it out

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember some countries may register the year of a vehicle as the year it was registered with the motor vehicle division in that country. In the US the year is always the model year the vehicle was manufactured as.
That may be the difference. :)

Jack smith

Reaction score
Visit site
I remember some countries may register the year of a vehicle as the year it was registered with the motor vehicle division in that country. In the US the year is always the model year the vehicle was manufactured as.
That may be the difference. :)
You are Right the engine I’ve fitted is 2007 S2 that was my mistake I’ve just found the V5C log book for it , I’ll have to edit the add cheers for pointing that out to me

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When production of the FZ6 ended, the linage continued in various ways. In the US, the FZ6 was replaced by the FZ8, but at the same time Yamaha introduced a new bike called the FZ6R...which has little in common with the FZ6. Confusing, right?

In Europe the FZ6 was replaced by the XJ6 Diversion - an aircooled design. I don't believe that the FZ6R is sold in Europe. With that said the R6 was continued through 2020, and that engine may "fit" in an FZ6 frame, but the electronics package would be different.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
With that said the R6 was continued through 2020, and that engine may "fit" in an FZ6 frame, but the electronics package would be different.
I'm wondering if the frame mounts would be the same on the R6 engine.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe that the basic engine “block” remained the same from 1999 to 2020. Our engine is based off the 2003 version which replaced the CV carbs with EFI. In 2006 Yamaha stroked the engine and reduced the bore (keeping it 599cc) and added ride-by-wire. It was the most powerful version ever built. The engine was continuously “improved” to meet Euro4 emission requirements from 2008 onwards loosing horsepower with each change. Euro5 was the death blow to the R6.

Last edited: