New Radiator Options

bpchura

Reaction score
Visit site
So I was recently in a crash which damaged my stock radiator. Looking on ebay for replacements, I see both used stock radiators and then aftermarket full aluminum radiators for roughly the same price. They seem to be good quality and bolts in as a direct stock replacement. It also claims a 30% increase in cooling capacity. What do you guys think about it? Im just worried the 30% increase could change something. Im not looking for a real upgrade as I mainly tour/commute and have never had overheating problems. Thoughts?

Ultrarandom

Reaction score
Visit site
They all seem to be made in China anyway. Provided they do fit OEM I'd probably go aluminium myself with one of those GPI Racing and paint it black (otherwise there's too much shiny). Would read reviews of people who have used the brand first though to make sure people haven't experienced sub-standard welding.
If people have then just stick with a used oem since you've had no problems.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Temp wise, it won't make a bad difference.

You still have a thermostat so it'll keep the temps to a minimum temp. It'll likely cool down slightly faster and perhaps not get as hot with the aluminum radiator.

Anything made in China, I have doubts about. IMO, I'd stick with OEM, bikes are parted out ALL the time here. Put a WTB ad if there's non currently for sale in the parts section.

bpchura

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Il post on the WTB and see if I can get a stock one to show up.

Ultrarandom

Reaction score
Visit site
Something to check as well.

Most automotive radiator shops repair radiators. Depending on how bad yours is, might be worth checking...

Good luck..

Valid point, I had a crash on my old bike which bent the radiator cap point a little which I took to a radiator shop and got a new mouth put on for $50 NZD.