New to the forum

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi y'all

I'm new to this forum and prolly the first one in SG to post in this forum. Currently, I have road my FZ6 09 s2 for 2 years plus and was kinda undecided to let go of it due to wear and tear parts. Have ridden over 30000km and haven't done any valve clearance or anything. Done the oil change, air filter service, sparkplug and coolant change myself. Major just reservice my starter kit and change of ecu plus new keys and tank keyword w/ helmet and seat lock.

So far it still performs quite well but the front and rear suspension is kinda soft. Heard that I could use an R1 rear suspension and R6 front forks. There's some chain and wire sound when I pull the throttle which I'm unsure whether it comes from the timing chain or gearbox. Previously I road an R1 07 before landing on this bike and I gotta say it handles quite well on street and highways. Done 230kmh before with scorpion exhaust and it's giddy Lolx. The rear brakes is soft but I have to step on the rear pedal a few times for the fluid to to stay in the calipers and feedback on my rear wheel for braking. This is an ABS version and hopefully it's a normal thing which I am unsure off. Heard that it cost 2k plus here if I want to change the whole ABS system. Done several bleeding on my rear brakes and it's the same.

I would like to ask for opinions which maintenance should I do first as I'm keen on keeping the bike but unsure to where should I start other than the normal servicing that I have done this 2 years.

1) Valve clearance w/timing chain, tensioner and etc
2) Clutch plates
3) Magnetic coil
4) ABS brake system
5) Rear suspension and front forks

Of this list, which should I prioritise first and other maintenance should I do.

Thanks!

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I currently have 103k miles on my FZ6 and I'm still on my original clutch plates, and I doubt that any rider on this forum works the clutch like I do, I do a lot of slow speed precision riding which requires extensive clutch and throttle control. I didn't do my valve check until 70k miles, and when they were performed, some were off but not terribly bad considering my mileage. And the majority of the members on this forum who conducted their valve clearance at the 26k mark were right on. Doesn't mean all the bikes were perfect, but for the majority they were. I had Racetech Springs installed for my front forks, a common upgrade. Maybe you should consider upgrading your suspension.

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply. Normally I'll cruise arnd 80-90 on the highway and 50-60 on the normal roads. Perhaps I'll go with the valve clearance at the end of the year. For the fork suspension, which kg/mm should I change? Was considering 0.95 - 1.0kg/mm. My weight is +75kg but plus pillion arnd 140kg.Any recommendations? For the racetech and ohlins, which is better?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk