Next Mod Choice!

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've been quiet recently, and only lurking a tiny bit (really busy with work)!
But my fiancee wants to know what I want for my Bday which is coming up, and I've got probably about $200-300ish to spend, possibly with a little stretch room, but I'm trying not to stress her out since we are both saving to go overseas at Easter.

Anyway, back to the problem at hand!

Any recommendations on good possible choices?
Feel free to comment on things a bit more expensive as I can always put money in.

• So far I've considered a Rad guard (seen one on Ebay for 200ish plus postage)
  • Some kind of security system/alarm to install for when I'm back at tafe (not sure the $$$ involved here though)
  • Possibly the dyno I've been waiting way too long for...
  • Maybe some levers? Again not sure price, but find mine too long and too far forward!

The mods already installed on my bike are in my sig, but really scratching my head at whats the best choice. I'm also going away for a week mid Jan so contemplating getting a Yamaha rack/hardcase but thats alot more $$$ than I'm probably willing to spend over the next month, even with birthday help.

I think the Pazzo levers are a bit expensive to justify the cost @ ~$180. From what I've read here, they are worth it -- tough for me to believe at that cost.

However, if it's a birthday gift, these would rock because it would be all about splurging and pure enjoyment without the need for justification of the cost. And if they truly are worth it, every time you use them and get a sweet feel from it, you can think of your fiance.

Imagine if you got into a fight and you took off on your bike to clear your head, you would shift and brake and think good things about your fiance.

On another note, I've always found having a quality set of tools is nice -- not just the stuff that you can get by with -- but the ones you love to work with.

A GPS/mount is a nice luxury too.

Dennis

go for clothes!!!
I have a shift leather jacket and leather vest.
Berik boots
Dainese gloves

biker gear is always good.
or a spare back tyre in the shed is aways handy aye.

my b/day in mid Jan and I want biker gear!!!!:thumbup:

If you buy a Radguard, buy direct from them. I've bought 5 from them in total and always get great service - they give you a free hat, stubby holder and sticker when you buy from them too!
If you get pazzos, I just got a good deal - well fairly good - Bikegearwarehouse - Matt Mladins' company. Bought pazzos for $225 incl del. At least it was from an Aussie company. Just put them on the Speed Triple - they look and feel fantastic.

Well I currently have 4 sets of gloves: winter, summer x2 and all rounders, 3 jackets: leather, light textile (waterproof) and touring textile, draggins jeans, and waterproof armoured textile pants, boots that are great, and a new Shoei helmet, so I'm not too worried about gear :D I always get good gear first off because I won't ride without it.

The levers are very tempting, just because its probably the thing that annoys me most at the moment on the bike, but getting it dyno'd would be good, only problem is the GF would most likely prefer something that she can actually see as a gift, and I can buy the dyno myself in a few weeks since I'm getting a bit more work coming up!
The radguard would definately come in handy on the long trip we are planning late Jan, since its country roads, but then anything on the list helps on the long rides :D

I think at the moment its a bit of a tie between the radguard, pazzos and maybe the Yamaha topbox mount. (with me paying for the dyno myself)
The one thing about the topbox option is that it would be great for going to TAFE in Feb.

Having had a motorcycle stolen in the past, I'd have to say an alarm to protect your bike (and all its mods) is a smart move. It might also help lower your insurance costs. Not to complicate things for you further, but what about some new tires? You could also get yourself a bunch of tools such as a nice tire pressure gauge, tire plug kit, battery tender, etc or a GPS like Dennis suggested.

If all of that is a "no," you should go for (-1,+2) sprocket kit with 520 chain.

Happy B-day!:thumbup:

Mainly for cost reasons I'm getting the Pazzos, with the Dyno next on the list (paid for by me) and the springs when I can afford them (along with several other mods :D)

Back