Now THIS is what I've wanted!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One mod I've always wanted, but have shied away from is an automatic Tire Pressure Monitor, so that I'd never have to crawl on my knees, remove the valve cap, try three or four times to get a good reading (losing 4 psi in the process), getting brake dust and dead raccoon fur all over my hand, crawling to the back tire, standing up to wheel the bike forward a couple feet, back down, yadda-yadda... (yeah Life is So Hard!) :rolleyes:

Anyway, they've made automatic tire pressure monitors for awhile now but every system I've seen reviewed not only requires the valve stem monitor, but also a "reader plate" mounted near the tire, which from every review I've read so far is hard to adjust and very finicky. They all also required hardwiring into the bike.

Well, check this puppy out:
Stop & Go TireGard Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System Competition Accessories
27227_1.jpg

It comes with two valve stem/cap replacements, no other hardware required, and a monitor readout that's actually a keyfob! Installation would be about, what, two minutes? THIS I like! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I'd like to read a review or two of it before I plunk down the $179.99, but if I have a couple beers I might just get randy and order one tonight. They make three- and four-wheel versions too.

I love technology! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :thumbup:

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use this:

d_20.jpg

Works for me! Knowing my exact tire pressure as I sit down for a meal isn't top priority for me :p But to each his own.

(Ive thought about getting a monitor for long trips so it warns me of a leak before I ride 800km on it...but so damned pricey)

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Why do you need gauges? I can judge my tire pressure to within half a psi by paying attention to how the bike handles.*

Fred

*Disclaimer: Fred may, at times, be completely full of it.

jody.adams

Reaction score
Visit site
Why do you need gauges? I can judge my tire pressure to within half a psi by paying attention to how the bike handles.*

Fred

And I can tell how the engines running by the tingle in my bawls ;)

N

Naykid

Fred

Me too...but you have to ride 30+ years to get that good.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
You might be able to blame it on the beers, but this month I have not even smell a beer and I have around $700 on my credit card directly bike related!!!!!!! And today is only the 2nd day of the month!!!!!!!!

Either way, I'll forget about it once I start receiving boxes !!!!!!! and I'll remember it again when it comes the time to pay the credit card......

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I posted this last night, had three beers, and didn't order one.

I looked at it again on the CompAcc website this morning, and it's on sale, $161.99!! I didn't see that it was on sale last night. They also now have one customer review, he/she said it worked great.

Ordered! :BLAA:

SLracer

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks interesting, my suggestion is to check the pressure regularly at first as well. Although I guess as long as its working you'll be able to see on the fob. Only reason I say this is because sensors like this on cars had a tendency to leak hence the current models where its inside the wheel as an integral part of the stem. This style will depress the needle in the stem making it so the needle no longer holds in the air its dependent upon the value stem cap not leaking.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope this works out for you,

BUT $161.99 buys alot of hand cleaner to get rid of "brake dust and dead raccoon fur all over my hand" :D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link! I was almost a bit scared to read it, but I'm feeling better about the purchase all the time. :)

I have to say, guys, that I'm a bit taken aback at all the comments that it's too expensive. :confused: I've made about 13 mods to my -07, and a majority of those mods have cost more than this item, and a lot of those mods were purely for aesthetic purposes. This item scores in both the "convenience" and the "safety" columns, and as someone else posted saving just one tire will pay for this thing. Plus, I'll be the first to admit, I don't check tire pressure before every ride as you're "supposed" to do, and I bet I'm not alone. With this thing, I probably will. ;) Finally, I haven't added anything to the bike 'cept oil and gas in almost two years, it was treat time, dammit! :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Visit site
^^^^^^^^^

In my previous post, the first thing I stated was that I hope it works out for you,I wasn't trying to put you down for this, just not something for me.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, got the box last night. This afternoon I read thru the instructions (4 minutes), put the batteries in (22 seconds), and put them on my bike (14 seconds). Done!
I didn't have any trouble with the battery cover on the receiver as mentioned in the webBikeWorld review (thanks Kamloops). These things also measure tire temperature! (that wasn't mentioned in the CompAcc ad). When temp goes over a user-set amount, or tire pressure goes outside user-set limits, the fob has an audio alarm, flashes the display, and vibrates!
The tire stem senders also come with an anti-theft lock, but you'd have to loosen an extremely small Allen head bolt every time you had to add air, so I left that off.
I was hoping to mount the fob to my bike's "dash", but the fob is not waterproof. It seems to have a great range however, so I'll just leave the fob on my refrigerator near the garage door, and check the pressure each morning before going to work, and leave the fob at home. I can always slip it in my pocket on longer trips.
So far, me likey! I'll let you know if I have any pressure leaks. Can't ride around right now as its raining (and so cold I had to turn my furnace back on... in June! :mad:).