Only in America...

Bruce McCrary

RDY2GO!
Reaction score
rdytogo.blogspot.com
In yet another brilliant attempt by our gov't to protect us from ourselves, this absurdity has come to light;

Cycle News Online

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpsia.pdf

Steve, to tie in to your thread "Yay America" this kind of silliness is walking us directly into repealing the 2nd amendment, all in the name of 'safety' and 'protection'. In fact, in my small part of the world the 2nd amendment is the proverbial line in the sand for many. What will happen when that line is crossed is anybodies guess.

Back to the subject at hand, the general consensus is that cooler heads will ultimately prevail and that certain exemptions for particular products will 'probably' come about. When in reality all that is needed is some common sense and responsibility on the part of manufactures and consumers. But just as in Steve's thread where a very good point was made concerning what my momma called 'common decency' disappearing, apparently so is 'common sense'.

Bruce

W

wrightme43

If I have said it once I have said at least 50 times. Every member of congress should be hung at sunrise.

Someone asked earlier about what our eulogy would be?

Maybe died at one of the early battles in the coming revolution.

Well meaning idiots cause the most harm.

Oh and I used to collect lead for friend that built race cars. I helped him melt it and pour it into old chevy corvette valve covers because they had no oil fill hole.

Obviously we did this outside.

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On that note I have a crf50

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
RoHS sucks. Specifically lead free solder. Good thing I have several pounds of leaded solder saved up along with a spare can of R12. :D