Petrol prices

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
march 2008: $3.14/Gallon Highest price since Hurricane Katrina...But we are gaining on that price too...

New Hampshire

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
March 2008 in Finland:

The average price for regular gas is 8,2 usd / gallon.

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Gas is at least $4.50 USD for a US gallon in Canada. Of course, all countries in the world use the metric system and price their fuel in Litres, with the exception of the US (and Mayanmar, but I doubt that anyone in the US knows that). Some group of people who are unsure what to call the game of football (you know, the game where the players can only use their feet) decided to go to war with all the countries that produce oil and have driven up the prices due to OPEC retaliation and production delays. Now they complain because the cost of their fuel is rising to comparable levels to that of other countries. Yeesh.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Gas is at least $4.50 USD for a US gallon in Canada. Of course, all countries in the world use the metric system and price their fuel in Litres, with the exception of the US (and Mayanmar, but I doubt that anyone in the US knows that). Some group of people who are unsure what to call the game of football (you know, the game where the players can only use their feet) decided to go to war with all the countries that produce oil and have driven up the prices due to OPEC retaliation and production delays. Now they complain because the cost of their fuel is rising to comparable levels to that of other countries. Yeesh.

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for Pres. Bush.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for Pres. Bush.

I also am not a fan of Bush.......

The president either...

i didn't vote for him and i can't wait until he is not the president anymore, maybe then we can get back to focusing on what is wrong within our borders rather than everyone elses...

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
The average price for a litre of unleaded petrol in the UK today is 106.75 pence. :rant::rant::rant:

The average price for a litre of diesel is 114.25 pence. :rant::rant::rant:

I bet you guys dont feel so hard done by now.........

2-stroke

Reaction score
Visit site
We are at $3.35 per gallon. Michigan taxes on gas are high 50 cents. I heard they want to add .20 per gallon. I drive 30 miles one way to school twice a week. In a truck that only gets 12 mpg if I can control my foot. Gas is killing me it needs to warm up so I can ride the bike. I spend about $60 a week on gas I hope to cut that in half on the bike

J

jsteinb95

It's over $4 a gallon here. I'm just gonna start walking everywhere.

Arty

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to put those figures into perspective for our friends in the U.S.A, that is about: $8.14/Gallon US for regular unleaded, and $8.70/Gallon US for diesel!

Folks here in the UK would queue around the block to pay the equivalent of $3.59/Gallon!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick repost/refresh:
I think the easiest way to compare is if we use the same quantities, so I suggest $(US)/Gallon(US) for the stuff you use to fill your FZ6. Those of you in the UK watch out as we are talking US gallons, that's 3.785 litres.

And an up-to-date currency converter:
............USD....EUR ....GBP ...CAD ...AUD
1 USD = 1.000 0.634 0.497 1.018 1.086
1 EUR = 1.579 1.000 0.785 1.606 1.714
1 GBP = 2.011 1.274 1.000 2.046 2.184
1 CAD = 0.983 0.623 0.489 1.000 1.067
1 AUD = 0.921 0.583 0.458 0.937 1.000

Arty

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, it's expensive anyway, and just like in the U.S the price keeps rising, but the tax is just outrageous.

Fuel tax is a very high percentage of the price, and we get taxed twice on fuel, with VAT at 17.5% added to the total cost.

Fuel tax on petrol stands at 50.35pence per litre (ppl) - $3.79/gallon US, and is set to rise to 52.35ppl in October this year - $3.96/gallon US.

Remember, that's just the fuel tax, so add the actual fuel price, then add 17.5% VAT to those figures... :(

I do wonder how long it will be until we see fuel protests in the UK like we did a few years ago. The thing that started protests back then was when it went over 85ppl, and we are now well over £1!

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Fuel tax on petrol stands at 50.35pence per litre (ppl) - $3.79/gallon US, and is set to rise to 52.35ppl in October this year - $3.96/gallon US.

Remember, that's just the fuel tax, so add the actual fuel price, then add 17.5% VAT to those figures... :(

I thought our gas prices were high. I pay $4 a gallon here in texas for reg.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oil prices have risen again today. Would any of you consider buying a more economical car? I know its your right to drive any car you choose. If it was me and most my spare cash was going on fuel I would get a different motor?Surely thats just good economical sense?

Nelly:Sport:

mistereman1

Reaction score
Visit site
I lived in the subburbs of London, England back in 1980-82 and I would like to remind everyone contributing to this thread that in most of the UK/Europe people actually have a viable choice in public transportation. Whether it is the bus, subway, or train, the price is reasonablly cheap (especially when you purchase a monthly pass) and they pretty much run on time 7 days a week.
Here in Texas (and most of the USA) the service (if you could call it that) is also cheap (if you can access it) but it is very slow and unreliable. Train and subway services for most Americans simply do not exist. Riding the bus is out of the question for most because there are so few buses running and the schedule is so whack, that it could take you hours to get to your job. Don't even think about riding a bus on a Sunday; it could be hours before the next one comes along, if at all.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I would rather ride the subway than my bike:thumbup:, but I would ride the subway/train for a couple of dollars to work on rainy/cold days instead of climbing into my cage and burning the gas. For me public transportation is not even an option. No train, subway, or bus runs between my house and my job.
The price of fuel in UK/Europe is the reason why so many people there either ride public transportation or ride a motorcycle/scooter. More and more people see me on the FZ6 and ask me "what kind of gas mileage do ya' get on that"? As I look at them sitting in their Ford Expedition, GMC Yukon, Dodge Ram, (all huge SUV's or pickup's), I gotta smile as I tell them 50-60mpg and a whole hell of a lot more fun than a hybrid:rockon:. If there is one good thing about rising fuel costs, the size of the motorcycling community is growing in the USA, and no matter what they're riding, I'm glad to see it.

mistereman1

Reaction score
Visit site
George W. Bush - Worst president in the history of the USA. Our country had budget surpluses before him, now we have record debt. Took all the support we had from our allies after 9/11 and threw it away into the sink hole that is Iraq. I actually remember paying 69 cents for a gallon of gas when Clinton was in office. GW and all of his oil buddies are getting rich at the expense of the entire world's stability. Wow... only in America?!