fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Makes me think i am sonic the hedge hog trying to collect the rings, i would be more inclined to go over the ovals hehe.

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Well that stinks...

Even if you go just outside the rings, your now in the greasy center of the lane....

(As I know you know) in that bend you shouldn't be anywhere near the rings anyway, you should be to the right to see as far through the bend as possible (as the camera is), and the rings stop when the view opens up. The article says that after a year of observations they have found that 95% or riders are taking bends too tight, then have to make (often disastrous) evasive action - a nudge with a few road markings seems a harmless idea.

They also raise the point that the majority of bikers over there are returners, ie they got their license when they were young, but didn't ride much until their forties, without having any refresher training (they've driven safely for years so don't think they need it). This demographic has the worst bike accident statistics over here too, by a long way.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Aim for the center and tuck.... all the squids do it! Blah

giphy.gif

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to disagree about being on the outside of a corner, vs inside (and certainly NOT riding in the greasy center).

Going into a corner (not counting rings-we don't have them over here), the last place I want to be is on the outer
edge of the turn. Miscalculate a knats hair and your going off roading...

I don't ride over my limits / what I can't see (sharp-blind corner) / avoid in a sharp corner. That's a disaster waiting to happen, a gamble at best..

It goes without saying, unless I can see way far ahead (with no traffic), I don't cross the center line either...

Now, if there's a happy/safe median between the circles and the center grease pit, that'd be fine.

(I can't read but VERY basic German).

Nice they gave a VERY SHORT piece of pavement should you overshoot the turn...

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that stinks...

Even if you go just outside the rings, your now in the greasy center of the lane....

I can understand this being a problem but I think it's the lesser of 2 evils. What I don't like is that it reduces your options, especially when the road surface gets worse posible tar snakes and the like then your options really start reducing.

Makes me think i am sonic the hedge hog trying to collect the rings, i would be more inclined to go over the ovals hehe.

:rof:

(As I know you know) in that bend you shouldn't be anywhere near the rings anyway, you should be to the right to see as far through the bend as possible (as the camera is), and the rings stop when the view opens up. The article says that after a year of observations they have found that 95% or riders are taking bends too tight, then have to make (often disastrous) evasive action - a nudge with a few road markings seems a harmless idea.

They also raise the point that the majority of bikers over there are returners, ie they got their license when they were young, but didn't ride much until their forties, without having any refresher training (they've driven safely for years so don't think they need it). This demographic has the worst bike accident statistics over here too, by a long way.

I can totally understand why they are doing it and it's good that they are pointing it out to those that don't realise, although I don't like the fact that it restricts your options. As you say anyone approaching a blind bend should be trying to get a good view through it before turning in, and not hugging the centre line.

Aim for the center and tuck.... all the squids do it! Blah

giphy.gif

;)

I have to disagree about being on the outside of a corner, vs inside (and certainly NOT riding in the greasy center).

Going into a corner (not counting rings-we don't have them over here), the last place I want to be is on the outer
edge of the turn. Miscalculate a knats hair and your going off roading...

I don't ride over my limits / what I can't see (sharp-blind corner) / avoid in a sharp corner. That's a disaster waiting to happen, a gamble at best..

It goes without saying, unless I can see way far ahead (with no traffic), I don't cross the center line either...

Now, if there's a happy/safe median between the circles and the center grease pit, that'd be fine.

(I can't read but VERY basic German).

Nice they gave a VERY SHORT piece of pavement should you overshoot the turn...

I don't like the fact that they reduce your options on an already tight bend.

BTW my Germans terrible as well but Google translate helps :thumbup:

Last edited: