Place to buy filters etc

vinpub

Reaction score
Visit site
What is a good place to buy oil filters, air filters, engine oil and disposables such as these? I want to work on my bike myself so I am going to stat with routine maint such as oil change etc.
Looking forward to your response
Thank you in advance

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I'll bite cuz the regulars are probably tired of answering the same questions over and over ...

I don't know about the air filter (yet), but for the oil and filter, I believe the cheapest (but still very high quality) solution is to pick up a Purolator PureOne 14610 oil filter (14612? is exact match, but 14610 provides more filtering area) from Pep Boys for ~$6 (or 2 for $10 from Amazon) and a gallon jug of Rotella-T Synthetic from Walmart for ~$15.

There are other options available, but for those I'll ask you to do a search through the forums.

Here's a little head start ...
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Consumables.html#OilFilters

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I see a lot of posts about the pure one filter, but all the pics show a blue filter. Are you guys running a blue filter on your black engined bikes. If so how does it look, and do you have a pic of it installed?

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
I see a lot of posts about the pure one filter, but all the pics show a blue filter. Are you guys running a blue filter on your black engined bikes. If so how does it look, and do you have a pic of it installed?

Blue filter on a faster blue bike looks very nice. Not sure if it would stick out on a red ...