points south and west

milo

Reaction score
Visit site
heading out on friday for my fall road trip. mentioned it in a thread a few months back. leaving CT and rolling down to TN, MS, AL, MO, AR, KY, WV...

was planning on riding the 03 Triumph; but she's been in the shop for a few days and i don't think she'll be ready. soooo....Frankie is my road partner. we've done a couple of 350 mile days. a little achey by day's end, so i wonder how my 46 year old body will feel after one or two 500 mile days.

stay posted for pics and trip report in about 12 days...

Have fun, but watch the weather. When we Texans get done with Ike, we're sending it northeast, where it will cut a swatch right through your travel route.

thanks! i've been watching the weather for days. i know for certain i'll get rained on one or more days. still trying to decide which gear to wear and which rain gear to bring. maybe having so much gear is making the decision making process harder.

hope to find a bunch of open-mic gigs along the way, and friendly folks who won't mind a traveler playing their guitars...

If your around nashville or bowling green Ky give me or Ipilot a holler we will ride with you for a while.

Sounds like a fun time and the countryside should be pretty cool right about now.

In answer to your signature, I've always felt that as far as bicycles were concerned the correct number to own that the following simple equation applies: correct number to own=(current number)+1

So yeah, I say the more the merrier... Have a great ride. How about a vid of you bustin' out a song or two..? Recorded live, of course. :thumbup:

n answer to your signature, I've always felt that as far as bicycles were concerned the correct number to own that the following simple equation applies: correct number to own=(current number)+1

yeah, i hear ya. i like the +1 philosophy. but then there are times i subscribe to the "less is more" ideal too. kind of wondering if i am going to wind up keeping the fz6 once the Street Triple arrives.

see what i can do about getting some music your way...say, i could always post the link to my band's myspace page huh?

I am excited about seeing the pics. Thanks in advance.
hey, no problem. looking forward to seeing new sights. psyched to twist around in the Ozarks.

long story short for now.
10 days.
3742.9 miles door to door.
amazing journey.
phenomenal time.
great friends.
beautiful country.
the last leg -- homeward bound -- 2 miles
from my house -- T-Boned.

i am sore
i am fine
i am annoyed
Frankie is going in to the shop tomorrow.
don't know how extensive the damage is.
i was able to ride him home from the accident;
but it was not fun.

the good trip journal and photos will follow.

First, that's an AMAZING ride. I can't wait to see those pics!! That's some serious mileage too on that bike. You'll have great memories to last a lifetime.

As for the t-bone - that truly sucks. I'm glad you'tre gonna be ok. You should still see a Doc regardless because you sometimes don't feel much for a day or two (and some of the stuff you don't feel right away could be dangerous).

Back