• Total voters

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WTF... Icelandic beer made in Australia?? Now, that's a contradiction :Flip:

It's imported from Iceland.

Altho while in japan I was rather amused that all the sapporo or something I was drinking was actually brewed in Canada. :eek:

I really do miss those beer vending machines!

Any workplace that has beer vending machines is alright by me! :D

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Never had a job I actually liked. But, like most everyone else, I work to survive, and finance my toys(motorcycle, cars, games etc.) to enjoy when I'm not at work. Do I hate my job? Yep! More than any other job I've had before, but it's job. I try to have the attitude of "it's just a job, nothing more, nothing less". It works at varying degrees. lol

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
for people that are not passionate about their jobs (me included) as novaks47 says job is something that give you money to live / or survive :D and hopefully enjoy while you are not working.

"I work for living, not live for working" :BLAA:

Cheers.

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a driving instructor. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. I get to meet people from all walks of life. Male, female, rich, poor, young, old, interesting, boring, disabled, black, white, yellow, brown.......the lot.

I ask lots of questions and gain lots of interesting facts from many varied cultures. This part I like. Pupils tell me things they don't even tell their friends. People confide in you and sometimes I feel more of a therapist than an instructor. I gain lots of close friendships with pupils. I miss them when they pass their test.

When they pass it's a nice feeling that you have helped someone gain an important life skill and for some people allowed them to get a job they would not have been able to get without a license.

What I don't like is having to work 7 days a week with my diary open up to 13 hours a day. I need to do this to try and attract as much business as possible during these tough times. My life outside of work has gone. This I hate. I work twice as hard as a few years ago and earn half the amount. I desperately want another job but it's hard to find something else with my qualifications. And if I leave my job I can not go back to it unless I keep being retested every 2 years.

It used to be fantastic but not so much now it's hard to find enough money to pay the bills.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I like my job, but it's stressing me out...

what about you chunky?

I absolutely hate my job, but it pays more than I've ever made before so I can't really bail. It was just with all this time to myself I pondered if the majority of people felt the same as me, or do people really enjoy their jobs.

And it actually surprises me that 67% of us enjoy our jobs. I would have guessed way less. I wonder what the poll would look if given to everybody around the world.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it would be much MUCH lower. Remember, we all ride/rode motorcycles on here. We don't make the financially sensible, safe or comfortable option. We choose fun.

Obvious that it would usually spill into all reaches of our life, not just our choice of transport.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like my job. I make great money and only work 8 months out of the year. My boss is a family friend and takes great care of his employee's. I work a pretty much recession proof job in the photography industry. I travel the USA and live on an expense account. Only down side is working 4 hour days about 14 hours a day. But sitting home on unemployment doing whatever I want 4 months out of the year is a great thing and knowing I have a job to go back to when the college kids are back in school.:thumbup: I only have an associates degree in graphic design and I make $30,000 a year more than the median income for where I live.

GabeJ

Reaction score
Visit site
High school English teacher. It's the job I'd always wanted. I work in my hometown, for an awesome school district. Been there 8 years. I love my job. My students like my FZ6 way more than my V-strom and the Shadow before it.

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
I voted that I like my job, which I do. Well, it's what I've always been doing---software development. Half of my life can be characterized with that.. 'bout the liking---well, I like what I do, but hey---how can I like who I do that for?! Impossible. That's what characterizes us humans---we're never satisfied with what we have. And that's good! Cause if we were, then we'd be sheep (think i heard this somewhere) :)

P.S.Honey what, what whiskey?!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Botch,
You need to get out. Any early retirment options?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am lucky to have had two careers. I was a chef for thirteen years finishing at Michelin level. I had a brief spell as a motorcycle courier. Broke my leg and right arm. Which lead me to ED nursing.
So I love my current ED job. The girls are great craic and the fellas to. We have amazing team spirit. The majority of patients are great to.
What I hate is the current bed crisis. Meaning we have to care for sick people for days at a time on trollys. The nurses are getting burnt out and sick. I want to be resourced properly to do the job properly. Our Hospital has 98 managers. That's one for each acute bed that has been closed WTFF.
As shift coordinator I have to decide which sick people get to line up in the corridor so we can care for sicker people.

Still I love the challenge and occasionally you make a difference.
Nelly
[Edit] Just heard Steve Jobs has died. Puts a few things into perspective. RIP

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
MY BOSS IS AWESOME!! well considering i'm self employed he dang well better treat me RIGHT!! :BLAA: :rockon: :rockon:

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
I kinda hate all of my bosses, because everyone likes to be one and tries to act like one. Problem is they don't know how to do it. I'd respect someone that deserves that thou

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I kinda hate all of my bosses, because everyone likes to be one and tries to act like one. Problem is they don't know how to do it. I'd respect someone that deserves that thou

Dont you hate it when your boss Doesn't know what hes doing, constantly ask you to complete his jobs, ask you to help the other employees because he cant, but then talks to you like your the idiot....my last job was like that when i was working on bigrigs.....i still liked my job though because even though he was the foreman, everyone treated me like i was, after all i was pretty much doing his job

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So is mine....gives me a big drink card every week, and tells me to get on it! :D
LMFAO !! You got to Risk it, for The Bisquit :BLAA: I will never work for anyone else again ... my Boss is selling his house,and buying me a Home with lots of property just outside the city limits and building me a 4 bay shop with 3 auto and a Heavy Equiptment lift's!!! I LOVE The Dude !! :BLAA:

Driftboat

Reaction score
Visit site
my job was alot better 20yrs ago, now we have college kids straight out of college with no freight smarts , I dont hate my job , just the people who run it .:spank:

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a freelancer so my job changes anywhere from any couple of days to any couple of months. Usually i like it, sometimes it's for the money but i always remind myself that the most stress- /hatefull thing is not having a job at all !