Power Commander Fitting

liamstears

Reaction score
Visit site
So I think I've decided I wanna get a power commander for my 2004 FZ6 and also thinking of trying autotune

My reason is that I think the bike has some dead spots I wanna try and fix, had a power commander I put on my old SV1000 and the difference was night and day

So I've decided on a PCV for certain but I really like the idea of the autotune and think I wanna try that also

Love the idea of being able to set an AFR and it try's to hit that and then you can adjust your map accordingly and basically end up with a custom map that matches your bike perfectly

I think this will work much better on a bike I use all year round as a commuter then it would be to have a custom map done in the summer that won't be optimised for winter riding and vice versa

So of course I have an 04 and have no bung for the sensor so the question I'm asking is if anyone else has fit one of these and if they have where?

Reason for asking is I cannot weld myself and would need to get this done elsewhere but wondering the best way to tackle it, I have got a place nearby that should be able to weld it up for me but wondering if there's a good spot that can be got it with the exhaust still in place that I could predrill the hole then just ride round so they can weld it up?

Bit of background on the bike, has leo vince cans fitted, cat removed and AIS removed so ready for a PCV and autotune

Looking for any/all suggestions here...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your welding partner will be much happier if if its off. A person could mig in place but a tig and SS wire works best.

S2 chassis with S1 header. Grab a standard M18 X 1.5 SS bung.
attachment.php

The angle is important. It must sweep forward.
IMG_20150114_182431_348_zpsmez30j0y.jpg
Grab a $5 bung... Also the hole into the pipe is going to be large. Make sure the sensor fits throught it!

And get one of these to power your controller.
Item is: Bussman BP/HHH-RP

FUSED SOLUTION!
IMG_0203_zps4qacform.jpg

IMG_20150206_192719_035_zpsd3tgvhx6.jpg

Transplant into FZ Nervous System
IMG_20150206_193221_488_zpsblzjewod.jpg