Power Commander - PC Maps

I think a dyno session with custom map is around the $330-mark, and power runs from $55 (ie so at least you can make a call at the early stage to see if you want to proceed with the custom map).

With the spark arrestor, keep in mind now that I drilled mine to buggery to get the sound just right for my liking.

In terms of a louder pipe, within the first week of mine I had a person open their car door wide, then immediately pulled it back in as they heard me coming. I was prepared in any case, but it was good to see it in action. I am a big believer in the safety factor of louder pipes.

Hey Cam,

Where do you source all your parts from ? Was your LeoVince expensive ? Would love to do the -1 Sprocket but it is a pain that you need to get a healer as well.

Nice list of mods by the way :) Would love to do what you have done so far, sounds like it is a much better bike (Sounds like it is what I want more in a bike :)

Hey bud. I get them from wherever it's cheapest :) because I'm cheap. Ha but it's the truth. I wanted ASV levers but couldn't afford RRP so found one side for sale on this forum, and bout the other side new. Got my fender extender from ebay. Rest of the stuff I bought through work because the staff discount is fairly good.

The pipes I was NEARLY going to buy from ebay (a seller from Italy) but the same week I was going to order, the Oz importer announced a 20% off sale so I ordered through work.

With the sprocket thing, you can always do the calculation and just recall it at the speed cameras. I set mine to -11.1% but that is still a little off. Dyno tells me my bike reads 100km/hr when it's going 98.5. But it's close enough. You could always do that, but otherwise keep an eye out for a used one if new is a stretch. Even if you get one cheap that's for another bike, you can always just order the harness new and swap it over. Pity you're not in NSW and you could see if you like it. I'm absolutely stoked with my bike now. Running out of mods to do! I think the Ohlins rear is the only other thing on my wish list other than the braided brake lines up front.

Hey Cam,

Where do you source all your parts from ? Was your LeoVince expensive ? Would love to do the -1 Sprocket but it is a pain that you need to get a healer as well.

Nice list of mods by the way :) Would love to do what you have done so far, sounds like it is a much better bike (Sounds like it is what I want more in a bike :)
Russ, my -1 sprocket cost $30 from North City in Joondalup.

Shop around for a speedo healer - Mike just bought one from streetfigherau seller on Ebay. Good price.

I bought mine from Maverick1970 on the forum. Works just fine. They are easy to fit, so don't discount buying a 2nd hand one.

Thanks for the replys, I went to North City Yamaha and got quoted about $40! What OZ Importer did you use Cam ? On another note anyone know where you can get a custom made exhaust (Would be from scratch) ? Oh was going to start another thread BUT what would be better/different Diablo Rosso or Power Pure ?(Just looking at them on BikeBiz - Seem to be quite cheap!)

Thanks!

Thanks for the replys, I went to North City Yamaha and got quoted about $40! What OZ Importer did you use Cam ? On another note anyone know where you can get a custom made exhaust (Would be from scratch) ? Oh was going to start another thread BUT what would be better/different Diablo Rosso or Power Pure ?(Just looking at them on BikeBiz - Seem to be quite cheap!)

Thanks!
We've bought 2 bikes from them in 2 years - I think they give us a good price :D

We've bought 2 bikes from them in 2 years - I think they give us a good price :D

Can you come up and buy me a sprocket then ? haha I was going to buy a bike from them - Scotty was the guy I was dealing with, he is awesome, been in there so many times asking questions, always first class service from him :)

Front sprocket, ask if they sell JT sprockets (nice and cheap), should be no more than $25.

Importer of LeoVince is Wayne Gardiner Importers. But I purchased them through Bikebiz, just that I can personally be speaking to the rep. I think the RRP of the carbons were $1600 or something crazy, so 20% off (and a bit of a staff discount) was helpful there. You're looking at about $850 posted from that ebay seller for the carbons, and I think about $750 for the alloy.

Tyres, PLEASE don't go Pures, the Rossos are your friend. They're certainly the same style of tyre so the difference is obviously just the manufacturer's preference to profile and compound. The Michelin is also a dual compound which is good, but the Pirelli is a zero degree steel belted radial meaning it will warm up faster and maintain a more consistent temp across the profile of the tyre (in theory). I'm not the only one who has put the Pures down, we've had some R1 owners come back as well (see my rant in the tyres thread). Yep the price is good at the moment with 20% off, and shipping only $8 if you can't find a local dealer to match our price. Surely you can though!

Yep the price is good at the moment with 20% off, and shipping only $8 if you can't find a local dealer to match our price. Surely you can though!

Cam, have you ever been to Perth? We have very slim pickings here for any gear/accessories. All the dealers will get stuff in for you, but they whack a huge "freight to Perth" charge on the goods. We usually spend up big in Melbourne when we're there for WSB or MotoGP.

We had a very frustrating day looking at boots, jeans, helmets and jackets today. Hence, I'm now searching the web :eek:

From my perspective you pick your tyres to match your riding, not for the price.

Lots of people love the Pures because they are both a good tyre and they last (balanced).
Alot of the other choices may be a bit stickier, or warm up faster but they often don't last as long, and if your doing alot of commuting that might be an issue.
The problem these days is alot of people expect to pay less for more (or don't bother seeing what a product is meant to provide and imprint their own expectations on it unfairly), and sadly in the real world it generally doesn't work that way.
I also don't really think its fair to compare a R1 riders opinion of the tyre to peoples who actually use them on an FZ6 (they have a good rep in the forum), a certain kind of people buy R1's for very specific reasons, and a balanced tyre probably wasn't the wisest choice in the first place unless they buck this trend.

Also watch out on tyre prices, they often seem great till they add the extra money on for installing them for you :p I normally try and compare installed prices (tyre + installation incl. balancing).

Its probably also cheaper to get a known brand of exhaust off ebay for the FZ6, they generally cost similar if not less than having some fab'd up, already come with brackets to make them fit, and are a ton cheaper than any Aussie seller I have ever seen. (I paid about 1/3 what most places are asking for an aftermarket exhaust in Syd).
You can also easily download sound clips and videos of what they look and sound like, and possibly get a map to suit them if you go that route.

Just my 2c.

K, you're right about exhausts on Ebay. I ended up paying, I think AUS$800 for my CF Scorpions. Yamaha dealer in Perth wanted $1400 or $1600 - can't remember.

It's a beautiful place to live. Just generally can't buy anything here decent for a bike. You see the same gear in every shop. Just wish we could get more. Oh well, thank God for internet shopping :D

Just to reiterate about the Pures, it was my own experience on my FZ6 first and foremost, just mentioning that others are starting to trickle back into the store after having put some decent kms on them. The rep also echoed these sentiments and they are doing their own testing.

I realise others here have said they like them, but they're the first tyre in my 16 years of riding that I've removed after 2 weeks of use because my bike simply wouldn't turn.

Bottom line, the Pures have an element of risk if you're unsure, because they seem to have people who love them and those who hate them. Pirellis are the safer choice if you don't have the cash to experiment.

That must have been quite a discount too beat the internet seller ! :) Also all the exhaust out ATM whilst fit our bike perfectly isn't quite what I am looking for, hence asking about the custom made. Also thanks for the advice on the tires, really thinking about getting some to help with the handling. Also agonizing over handlebars and wondering if that will give me the riding position I want. I rolled the bars back a bit and it totally transformed the bike when cornering for me so wondering what it would be like with a proper setup with the handlebars.

Back