Precautions in rain for helmet

raj_27

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a daily commuter like you Raja Rain or shine ( we share a same forum name too).

I use Rain-x for beading water outside works perfect when it is raining. But found there is a trick applying it(nothing new just the way it says on the bottle.

20150825_081642%201_zpsr61kl39l.jpg

In short apply with circular motion and let it haze and wipe with a dry cloth or a tissue.

This will not help with road grime. My held gloves with wipers do.

For fog there is pinlock inside the helmet. Never opened the helmet visor while riding(at least for the weather here in Melbourne).

To stay nice and dry external waterproof layer.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a daily commuter like you Raja Rain or shine ( we share a same forum name too).

I use Rain-x for beading water outside works perfect when it is raining. But found there is a trick applying it(nothing new just the way it says on the bottle.

20150825_081642%201_zpsr61kl39l.jpg

In short apply with circular motion and let it haze and wipe with a dry cloth or a tissue.

This will not help with road grime. My held gloves with wipers do.

For fog there is pinlock inside the helmet. Never opened the helmet visor while riding(at least for the weather here in Melbourne).

To stay nice and dry external waterproof layer.

Thanks, btw, people call me Raj and my fav number is 27.
and my code name is R27..! :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Something I forgot to mention, that I use is PLEXIS.

Its a plastic cleaner / wax for plastic windshields/parts etc. Applied to both the windshield and face shield, water beads up and pretty much just runs off (especially at speed, turning your head slightly).

Plexus Plastic Cleaner

Amazon.com : Plexus Plastic Cleaner, Protectant and Polish (13-Ounce) : Boating Cleaners : Automotive

I've been using it for years and might apply it once a year.

Works great for extending the life of shield too. I do the inside and outside of the shield.

Highly recommended