Puig FZ6n windshield

Nick72

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

First post and new member here.

I've had my FZ6n for about 6 weeks and decided to add a Puig FZ6n specific screen. It arrived yesterday and looks like it should be what I'm after.... except for the fitting Instructions.

Crappy photocopied diagram with spanish wording.

Has anybody fitted one of these or could anybody offer any advice? I'm not even sure where it's meant to attach to? The obvious place looks like it's to replace the screen at the top of the forks, but that sounds VERY wrong!

Any help appreciated,
Nick.

p.s I have emailed the company I bought it from, this morning, but was hoping to fit it sooner (tonight) rather than later (when they reply).

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at the screen you linked too it looks like you bought a screen for an 04-06 model. If you have an 07 this might be a problem. The 07 gauge cluster is shaped and mounted differently than the earlier models so it's possible that the screen may not fit appropriately. This is all speculation of course, anyone who knows better is more than welcome to chime in and call BS.

Nick72

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah sorry, should have said, I've got an '05. Just that I've only had it about 6 weeks. Took it on the motorway and it was a tad windy at 85mph.

As mentioned it can't be rocket science, and it looks like it'd attach to the screw clamping the top of the forks, but that sounds a bit dodgy...

I'll give Busters a call later today.

Neil

Hooligan
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah sorry, should have said, I've got an '05. Just that I've only had it about 6 weeks. Took it on the motorway and it was a tad windy at 85mph.

As mentioned it can't be rocket science, and it looks like it'd attach to the screw clamping the top of the forks, but that sounds a bit dodgy...

I'll give Busters a call later today.

That is where my genuine Yamaha one goes.
Fit the brackets to the screen first, remove the top clamp bolt each side and "spring"
the screen and brackets in to place, fit the new longer bolts and do up to the correct tourque.
Make sure the screen is not touching the top of the headlight, it will mark the headlight :banghead:

Neil. :thumbup:

Nick72

Reaction score
Visit site
Fantastic! Thanks so much!

You've also inadvertently explained what the two little adhesive sponge pads must be for... cushioning to go between the screen and the headlight.

Really appreciated info, thanks again. I'll give it a go this weekend.

Nick.

Neil

Hooligan
Reaction score
Visit site
Fantastic! Thanks so much!

You've also inadvertently explained what the two little adhesive sponge pads must be for... cushioning to go between the screen and the headlight.

Really appreciated info, thanks again. I'll give it a go this weekend.

Nick.

One on the headlight, and the other goes on the instrument cluster.
Neil. :thumbup: