Wind protection advice

adyrip1

Reaction score
Visit site
2006 FZ6 Fazer with the stock windshield. Took a long ride on the highway and I had to pull over several times to clean the dead insects from the visor. In the normal riding position (I am 180cm tall - 5.9 feet), the wind is coming straight into my chest. And leaning over the tank is not really comfortable on long rides.

I googled a lot and look on the forum as well, but I cannot find a clear answer. I found more about cutting the screen than the higher ones. I don't care about the looks, I want to get the wind over my head on long trips and get a bit of comfort.

I am looking at 2 options:

1. Touring windshield - Givi/Kappa makes one that is 12.5cm higher than the stock one - example pic
2. MRA X-creen - which has the advantage of being adjustable, but it might not be high enough with the stock screen. - link

Has anyone gone the route of the taller windscreen? Is it enough to push the wind above your helmet when riding in a normal relaxed position? Is it better to go with the MRA spoiler, than the taller windshield, since it is adjustable?

Each costs around 120 euros, so I am looking to get the one that is the most effective in wind protection, but have zero experience with these since I am a newbie rider.

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
'05 FZ6 here... I have the Givi windscreen. It's better than stock but it does NOT push the wind over my helmet. I'm 5'11 so a little taller but even so... Still, I found it an improvement. But you will still get insects, yes. I've no interest in the MRA, don't like the look visually, but I think some members on here spoke well about it. I can't speak to it on stock windscreen and if that would be enough, but I'd _lean_ towards a "yes" (total guess).

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There’s lots of cheap MRA spoiler type imitations out there, just saw one for $15 on Temu, whatever that is. Why not try one of those out at minimal expense and see if it works.

adyrip1

Reaction score
Visit site
There’s lots of cheap MRA spoiler type imitations out there, just saw one for $15 on Temu, whatever that is. Why not try one of those out at minimal expense and see if it works.
I went through a lot of reviews and finally pulled the trigger on the MRA Tour. It was the biggest one I found, it adds 15cms, more than pretty much every cheap one I found and more than the Givi touring.

I will report back with results.

adyrip1

Reaction score
Visit site
The screen arrived yesterday, quick install and instant improvement. I only tested 2 positions so far, both at max height, one with the same angle as the stock winshield and the other one with the MRA screen vertical.

In the first position not a major difference, but with the vertical one it's just wow. A lot less wind noise, I can ride upright and all the flies end up on the MRA screen instead of my visor.

I still have a few positions to test it in, but I think it was a good purchase.

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The screen arrived yesterday, quick install and instant improvement. I only tested 2 positions so far, both at max height, one with the same angle as the stock winshield and the other one with the MRA screen vertical.

In the first position not a major difference, but with the vertical one it's just wow. A lot less wind noise, I can ride upright and all the flies end up on the MRA screen instead of my visor.

I still have a few positions to test it in, but I think it was a good purchase.
picture?

adyrip1

Reaction score
Visit site
Final update, extremely happy with the purchase. Found the sweet spot, considerably less noise and turbulence and a lot less bugs.