Quick tailbag mount question

TravisB

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out a tailbag for my new FZ6, and I just got a couple of really nice Kriega bags after seeing other people on here rave about them.

My question is this - when passing the straps under the seat pan, the rear strap is unavoidably going to get pinned between the seat and the metal plate with the dire warning about exhaust heat. Has anyone ever had a problem with the straps melting? Or are you wrapping them around the grab rails or something else instead?

Last edited:

Burnspot

Reaction score
www.burningfiles.com
Dunno anything about the Kriega bag, but I'd look into the Cortech sport tailbag; it's a proven winner and doesn't involve running straps under the seat. It has four bungies with hooks that utilize the pillion grab bars perfectly. It ties in with the Cortech saddlebags also, should you chose to expand your collection.

Gemini77

Reaction score
Visit site
Dunno anything about the Kriega bag, but I'd look into the Cortech sport tailbag; it's a proven winner and doesn't involve running straps under the seat. It has four bungies with hooks that utilize the pillion grab bars perfectly. It ties in with the Cortech saddlebags also, should you chose to expand your collection.

+1 on the Cortech, I have it on my FZ6 and love it. Once you get it strapped on it will not move. I think I paid about $65 shipped for mine.

TravisB

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the Cortech bag before, and you're right, it's a fantastic item. I got the Kriega bags because they'll hold a lot more for trips, and they're mostly waterproof without a rain bag.

Can anyone who's mounted a bag with straps under the seat chime in on whether or not I'll end up scraping off melted nylon? :)