R6S Fork Mod Round 2 - Success

KHarper4289

Reaction score
Visit site
So the mystery was never solved as to why the last set of forks I received were mysteriously missing 2" of length.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

All installed, feels great. I set it to 6mm low in the triple as per the recommendations on pretty much every single forum post about installing these bad boys. Waiting for roommate and beer to set the sag. These feel excellent.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Up next is a caliper seal replacement - might just toss on some Galfers while I'm doing all of the work. My front brakes are rubbing rotors pretty hard.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So what is your actual location anyways?

And have fun... go light on comp damping. Just make it safe to ride. Dial in the rebound and set the comp to your liking and road conditions so you don't bottom them!

KHarper4289

Reaction score
Visit site

And have fun... go light on comp damping. Just make it safe to ride. Dial in the rebound and set the comp to your liking and road conditions so you don't bottom them!

I am in Hillsboro.

I set everything to the factory recommended specs in the service manual + 1 click towards "Hard". I will adjust as I get more comfortable. Skyline will be the proving grounds.

KHarper4289

Reaction score
Visit site

Set it to 31-32mm in full gear on the front sag, rebound and all of that jazz was set to factory recommended +1.

Took it out to Skyline today and hit it pretty hard. I can hold a line like never before, it felt amazing. This combined with the Penske in the rear turned this into quite a capable machine.

The turn-in could be a little easier, I think I may lower it from 4mm to 6mm or 7mm but it's nothing terrible, I just think it could be improved slightly.