Race Fairing on the road...?

Inventure

Reaction score
Visit site
Got some new parts this week. I didn't really need them, but thought they may come in handy.

See, I am in the process of changing the bike from an FZ6s to the naked version, only with an old school round headlight rather then the genuine style. But, I was thinking that it may be cool to look at putting the race fairing (front cowling, but maybe the ductail as well) on for the road. This would mean headlight attachment. So my thought were, I have one side from an 04 R1 headlight in the shed, and that it may look cool to fit the headlight to one side, and a 3" light to the other BMW style.

Then to the rear, I could fit the race cowling, which means I can fit the accompanying GYTR race pipe, and then just retro fit a set of indicators, fender eliminator and a brake light.

Might be too much work for me, but would look cool I think.

I've been looking at full fairings and found a site you can buy a kit similar to what your looking at doing. I think it looks good and have thought about getting it, I would just have to figure out how to attach it because it's a raw kit w/o hardware.

I've been looking at full fairings and found a site you can buy a kit similar to what your looking at doing. I think it looks good and have thought about getting it, I would just have to figure out how to attach it because it's a raw kit w/o hardware.

what's the web site?

--terry

what's the website? i have been searching high and low for race fairing top headlight cowling for fz6 07 onwards for a long time..

I didn't buy a race fairing to use specifically for the road, rather i bought it for the track, then thought rather then spend the $1500 plus that it will cost me to put the fairing on the bike (almost every part is smashed) the small amount I paid for the fairing would be a cheaper option to modify.

I have everything done on the bike now except rearsets, once they arrive I can get the thing registered and ride it to decide whether I want a fairing or not.

If not I will just use it for the track.

I thought the whole point of race fairings was to remove the headlight, so you didn't have to tape it off at the track?:confused:
hmm.. what i was thinking of was to replace the stock headlight cowling, so that in case of any fall, i can still send the race fairing to repair and use back my stock. taping the lights off is a small task, not even a hassle. not able to ride my bike cause there's no headlight cowling is a big hassle as its my daily transport.

viewing this french website again, actually i could buy the headlight cowl and drill a hole or 2 to install projector lights for normal usage? they have 3 headlight cowling to choose from right? are the brackets to install the cowling included? i cannot read french, can any1 help me with this?

Back