Race tech spring and cartridge emulator; How's the service at their shop?

hsq91

Reaction score
Visit site
Went up and down Palomar Mountain (San Diego) for the first time on the fz6 and realized how completely inadequate the front suspension is.

Have an appointment with Race Tech next Wednesday for new fork springs and their cartridge emulators. Pretty excited and lucky that they're only 40 minutes away.

Does anyone have experience with work done at their Corona headquarters?

I'm 190 lbs with a naked fz6. Anyone with similar specs had this work done? Love to hear your opinions..

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Originally Posted by Northern Rider
It's great you guys are talking about this issue. I have a 07-FZ6 been riding for about four years now. I love the bike but hate the front end. After reading the June 2011 Cycle World Magazine, I started looking into some changes. For those that don't know Cycle World bought a 2005-FZ6 and turned it into a streetfighter(Page 63). They did some body work, ergos, and drivetrain but what I was interested in was the suspension. Thus after reading the article and some research I decided find the local Race Tech dealer near Toronto and have them do some work, just because I really don't trust my mechanical expertise.

1) Cartridge Emulator Kit (Race Tech): suppose to give you the benefits of a deflection disk damper

2)Front Spring: Stock 0.77kg/mm race tech numbers for 200lb = 0.968kg/mm so I opted to put a 1.0kg/mm

3) Rear Shock Springs: Stock 12.5 kg/mm Race Tech numbers 200lb =13kg/mm, decided to stick with the stock spring.

since I had the girl in the shop decided to put on the new pair of boots, Metzeler roadtec Z8 interact, I have never ridden a Metzeler was on BT-21 which I found to be a great tire, but wanted a change.

So took the bike in today, getting it back friday and I wil let you know the outcome. If anyone has any comments on the Metzelers it would be great to hear. Also please comment on the suspension upgrades, I hope I get some good feedback because I am sick of the front end but LOVE MY FZ6.