Need Help Randomly shutting off/won’t start

Mr_Green

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all

I have a 2005 fz6. I recently changed my handle bars and added side fairings. Recently the bike has been having issues starting. When I turn the bike on sometimes it has trouble priming. But after a few times of hitting the kill switch and turning the key it will eventually prime and start.

when riding the bike will also randomly shut off on me but than easily start back up.

Yesterday I noticed some chugging while in the lower end of the RPMs in first and second gear. When I lay on the throttle the bike feels like it’s trying to move and then all of a sudden catches and goes. It’s quite scary because it will all of a sudden catch and then go. This ends up jerking me forward a bit.

i bought the bike a year ago from my uncle and there was rust in the tank. I used Kream to clean it out and the fuel pump/fuel assembly is brand new. Bike has 6,000 miles on it. Only had 3,000 when I bought it.

ive checked the kick stand sensor, air filter, kill switch, and changed the oil/oil filter. None of which seemed too off. Im afraid it’s something wrong with the fuel pump or the kream coating. However when I look inside my tank I can’t see anything floating in the gas.

help with this would be great.

thanks