Reflective rim tape

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted to post this here in case anyone else was looking for reflective rim tape. I wanted to ditch the reflectors on my bike, but didn't want to do so until a good, visible tape was on my wheels.

I have a black FZ6, and wanted to keep the tape as dark as possible to avoid an eyesore. Most black tape out there reflects a brownish color and it's not all that bright. Today I found a guy who sells a black tape that reflects silver.

Reflective Wheel Stripes for Yamaha FZ6 - Reflective Wheel Stipes for Yamaha Motorcycles and Scooters - Graphic Language

It's coming in the mail, and I'll let you guys know how it works out. The same guy sells a bunch of different colors too. Enjoy!

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted to post this here in case anyone else was looking for reflective rim tape. I wanted to ditch the reflectors on my bike, but didn't want to do so until a good, visible tape was on my wheels.

I have a black FZ6, and wanted to keep the tape as dark as possible to avoid an eyesore. Most black tape out there reflects a brownish color and it's not all that bright. Today I found a guy who sells a black tape that reflects silver.

Reflective Wheel Stripes for Yamaha FZ6 - Reflective Wheel Stipes for Yamaha Motorcycles and Scooters - Graphic Language

It's coming in the mail, and I'll let you guys know how it works out. The same guy sells a bunch of different colors too. Enjoy!

Im interested in the results, i know boneman did the same thing with black tape but there are so many vendors its hard to find one that would give the same product. I will be doing the same :rockon:

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the strips in the mail recently. Haven't had time to install them, but I did take a picture of them in pitch black with my iPhone camera and the little flash it had lit them UP! They really reflect wonderfully. Check out the picture.

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
not a big deal, but do they come with an applicator? I'm kind of a perfectionist and idiot at the same time. Even on this small stuff.:Im With Stupid:

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
This one looks kinda easy to apply. I just did mind, Speed Metal reflective rim tap. I'm disappointed. It didn't turn out good, it's not easy to apply, the tool doesn't help at all. It's a straight tap, so you gotta curve it. I'm looking for something like this may be.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried the strip type rim tape....BIG pita to put on, I gave up on it and got the ProGrip rim tape. It comes with an applicator and is much easier to put on.

Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't mind removing the wheel, you may find it much easier to apply those strips. That's how I did it.
If you have a small spray bottle with one drop of dish detergent mixed with water, it makes it easy to aligned them.
The strips pretty much just fall into place anyways since they're curved, but spraying a mist on the rim beforehand
makes it easy to adjust them if needed. You have to rub them down for 10 minutes tho, to get the water out.

Buying a roll with the applicator is probably nice, but I couldn't find that in the right color anywhere...