Removing 33BHP Restrictor kit on Yamaha FZ6 S2 on a 2008 Plate

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
yes....power to get out of its own way is a must....around cities and on the highway you need to have some get-up even in 6th gear...
my buddy had an 88 civic with the 4sp automatic....flat on the floor the thing got passed by a school bus....and it topped out at like 75....took FOREVER to get there tho....
power is a must,,, how much is the question tho
power isnt all that gets you into/out of trouble....here cops are super a$$ho!e$ about lane splitting....i did it once to avoid a car that stopped short and the SOB got me for lane splitting and reckless smh:(

MitchellsFZ6

Truly obsessed with bikes
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys.
Thanks for all your replies, I completely forgot about this thread to be honest, haha.

Well, I said I was going to remove it in February, I havent done it yet, possibly to some peoples surprise on this forum, haha lol.

I've been thinking long and hard about removing it... I live in Norwich and am heading up to Silverstone for the MotoGP, which for people who live outside of England is about 115 Miles. (Dunno what it is in Km, haha). So, for the ride up there, I am not putting up with 33BHP, its coming out for that and thats it, I plan on giving the bike a nice life to be honest with you. Plus I plan on living! So im going to take it out a couple of weeks prior to June the 15th and get used to the new power, or at least understand the powr curve at 8K+ in all the gears above 3rd! :).

Im now waiting on my 4th year no claims and then another 12 months after that my restrictor comes out legally :).

Cheers guys and girls, you really do have some serious knowledge and experience to handout.

Yours sincerely a 19 year old with 3 years experience and a brain which thinks he can ride just as quick as Rossi and Stoner... If Simoncelli was here still, I'd think I was as quick as him too... RIP Supersic.

Mitchel.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
+1

I have a feeling that no matter what we suggest you will be removing the restrictor. So, just be safe.

well tbh I would too, its nothing that is unmanageable, the good thing is that he knows its coming, and shouldn't be caught off guard.

You should feel the extra power even before the rpms get higher, so get used to that FIRST before you try the redline.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a 19 year old with 3 years experience and a brain which thinks he can ride just as quick as Rossi and Stoner... QUOTE]

Well you can't and if you think you can, you'll end up hurting yourself.

Enjoy your bike and get experience. 3 years riding isn't experienced, but you're getting there.

To be honest, you NEVER stop learning on a bike. No matter how long you've been riding.

Oh, and anyone can ride a bike fast. It's the sudden stop that'll kill ya.

Stay safe

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
i was in the same boat as OP couple of years ago. Young on a FZ6 with a restrictor and wanted more power and speed. found the restrictor and removed it. Endded up in 2 minor accidents with power in the corners on bad terrain. but it was an excellent learning curve for me. cost me some money in repair bills but taught me alot about bikes and power. I now have 6 years riding experience and still learning to this day. in the mean time have rode R1's , R6's and even a new VMAX ;) and i am still here riding 15,000 miles a year.

You just got to be super carefull. I was immature at first and i learnt the hard way. but it can be dont. but everyone who has posted is correct and it is wrong to void your insurance as this can cause may more trouble then its worth for a bit more power. You have your whole like ahead to experience more power.

The restiction kit will not harm the FZ6 in anyway that i am aware as i have rode with one for a year with no problem and a friend of mine did the whole two years with no problems

Just my .02

Dan