"Ride it" Radial mounted master cylinder & brake lever, plus matching clutch lever!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, recently i put radial brake caliper adaptors, and R6 radial mounted brake calipers on my black FZ6, and the difference in braking feel was improved greatly, but i felt that in order to reap the full benefit of a "radial mounted" brake system, that i needed to get a radial mounted front brake master cylinder, and lever, to finish the job off.

So the search started....at first i was planning on getting the Brembo universal set up, but it is very bloody pricey...and then whilst trolling through Ebay International...all 8500 items for FZ6's worldwide, i stumbled across a much cheaper option...much much cheaper, like $350+ for the Brembo set up, V's under $100 for the "Ride It" set up i came across...

At under $100, i deceided to take a punt on the "Ride It" set up, which incidentally comes with levers (including a matching clutch lever!) that are a direct copy of Pazzo's, or something similar....

The brake reservoir is included, and in my kit, it came with a nice shiny lid, with the Yamaha tuning fork logo on it...

Anyway, i got the thing, and the other day, Gazza and myself installed it...

Was not the easiest install...when we went to screw the banjo's onto the master cylinder, we found that the thread inside the master cylinder was a little bit short to get full take up of the twin banjo's on my "racing" set up Goodridge braided lines...so we had to tap the thread about 5mm deeper....it eventually worked after a bit of screwing around, and a little bit of swearing!

We also had a couple of issues with the brake lines, but that had nothing to do with the product in question!

Anyway....the master cylinder, brake reservoir, and both levers are now fitted!

Bleeding the brakes took a little while to get perfect, but this is aided by the fact that the radial mounted master cylinder, has it's own bleed screw, so getting ALL the air bubbles out of the system is made easier....nice!

The difference!!!! Phenomenol!!!! There is no "spongyness" at all, take up is direct, immediate, and brake response and power, is improved more again, than just with the radial mounted brake calipers.

2 finger braking is all that is required in all situations..in fact, 1 finger braking is pretty damn good too....If i did Stoppies, i would be in heaven....

Quality of the kit is pretty decent considering what you get...2 billet levers, with 6 step lever adjustment, the radial master cylinder, a plastic brake reservoir, and all mounting hardware....for $89 Australian!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

So with radial brake calipers, braking wave disc's, goodridge braided lines, OEM Sumitomi pads, radial master cylinder, and nice billet levers, i reckon the braking set up on my bike is now about as good as it gets....other than getting a set of more uber expensive Brembo Calipers, Master Cylinder, or Berringer, or something in the "oh my f******* god" price category!

Here are a few pic's of the set up!!!
View attachment 33053

View attachment 33054

View attachment 33055

View attachment 33056

View attachment 33057

I hate cheap crap, but this is not cheap crap, and refuse to have such on my bike! but this is decent quality at a crazy price....

As for a link to where you can get them....the ebay shop that i bought mine from only had 1 available....and is not listed anymore...but "Ride it Forever" have an Ebay shop...which quite often is in the advertising banner on the FZ6 Forum home page!

But i checked, this aint listed there either...might need to e-mail them if you are interested.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, instead of listing your mods, make it easier for us.

Just list what is ORIGINAL on your bike :rof:

Looking good Jamie :)

Lol! Maybe.....i still got a another couple other new mods i have just done, to put up here...but thought i should "drip feed"! :D

As for listing the mods, my list is already shortened, cause i get "in trouble" everytime i put the full list.

The frame, the bottom triple clamp, the engine, the tank, the side stand, the instrument panel, switch gear, rear brake caliper, they are all OEM.

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Took the bike for a ride last night, with the express purpose of testing out a theory of mine, that "stoppies" would be a cinch with this set up...i was right...not that i normally do, or condone such behaviour!

:D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So, instead of listing your mods, make it easier for us.

Just list what is ORIGINAL on your bike :rof:

Looking good Jamie :)

Yeah, the only thing original on that bike might be "The Loose Nut" behind the handle bars! :rof:

They look great Jamie! :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, the only thing original on that bike might be "The Loose Nut" behind the handle bars! :rof:

They look great Jamie! :rockon:

Lol! Loose as a goose! :BLAA:

Just got back from a fairly decent "scratch" through the Twisties....4 laps of the super twisty Lobethal road...is pretty warm out there...my tyres and me are sorta warm!

Love this new lever, it hardly felt like i was touching the brakes...not that you really need to cane the brakes on the Lobethal Road, but nonetheless, it definitely made braking a very pleasent experience!

:rockon: