Riders in GA?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
We used to have a family reunion up on fort mountain every year, and from what I can remember the roads were pretty good. We will have to check it out for sure!!!

peteehoward

Reaction score
Visit site
I was hoping to go riding this weekend but i looked at my rear tire yesterday and it said no. I ordered one but it will not be hear in time for this weekend. Does anyone want to go for a ride next weekend?

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I have something going on Saturday, but Sunday morning works for me.

BlueMoon and I have been talking about riding up 129 to the Cherohala Skyway and back down the Tail of the Dragon. From Black Mountain Cycles, it's gonna be about 330 miles round trip. Should be fun!! Anyone intersted? It will have to be a Saturday after July 8th.

peteehoward

Reaction score
Visit site
I will have to check on it but i should be able to make it on 7/8/2012 to the dragon. next weekend does anyone want to go to fort mountain? If not any other suggestions?

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I would be, but we have a pretty busy weekend planned. Other then the 30th, my next pleasure ride will not be until at least July 14.

Looking to get this Cherohala/Dragon ride nailed down, then we'll have to pick a date. What is a good day for everyone? The earliest day I could go is July 14, but I can't see anything we have going on after that so it can be later. I'd like to make it a Saturday since it's going to be a pretty long ride.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I could probably make it the 14th, if I can wake up...

My birthday this year falls on Friday the 13th so I might no wake up till the 15th lol

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I could probably make it the 14th, if I can wake up...

My birthday this year falls on Friday the 13th so I might no wake up till the 15th lol

LOL, may want to wait for the next weekend, just to be safe :)

So far, I'm figuring meeting at either Turners or Black Mtn Cycles at around 8 am. That would put us around the Cherohala Skyway at about 11:30 ish. Prolly gonna take about an hour and a half to run that one road, maybe more depending on photo ops and rest stops. Anyway, I'll post more on that later.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds great!!! It also sounds a lot like that one ride that one guy had planed that we rode with the 1st time, I can't remember his name now for the life of me but I haven't seen him around since then either. But he had something very similar planned for a week or so after that 1st ride together but it fell through or something like that.

peteehoward

Reaction score
Visit site
I am up for a ride on this Sunday. If it is to blood mtn i'm up for it. Let me know time and place. Just got baby a new rear shoe and she is happy.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I am up for a ride on this Sunday. If it is to blood mtn i'm up for it. Let me know time and place. Just got baby a new rear shoe and she is happy.

As of right now I was planning on meeting some other folks at riders hill around 9:15ish so if you wanted to meet us there you are more than welcome

I just saw you live in kennesaw, I live in powder springs so if you wanted to meet up at a martins somewhere around 8 then we could ride up to riders hill from there to meet the others

Last edited:

peteehoward

Reaction score
Visit site
As of right now I was planning on meeting some other folks at riders hill around 9:15ish so if you wanted to meet us there you are more than welcome

I just saw you live in kennesaw, I live in powder springs so if you wanted to meet up at a martins somewhere around 8 then we could ride up to riders hill from there to meet the others

That sounds good. Which Martins are you talking about?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure, it really depends on where you will be coming from. We could meet at the one there on 41 in kennesaw and ride 75s to 285 and head up from there?