rough idle-hesitates when accelrating

antmess

Reaction score
Visit site
i have 09 fz6 10,000 miles. i just changed my plugs ngk/cr9ek. and replaced my airfilter with a K&N factory replacement. and now my bike which WAS running fine seems to be hesitating on takeoffs in first and when switching into second gear. so i checked airfilter again for proper install. check, looked at plug wire sequence.check. and i have to say im a little dumb founded! im considering putting the factory airfilter back on. i would appreciate any input, or has anyone experienced this with an aftermarket airfilter?

Last edited:

antmess

Reaction score
Visit site
:confused:
i have 09 fz6 10,000 miles. i just changed my plugs ngk/cr9ek. and replaced my airfilter with a K&N factory replacement. and now my bike which WAS running fine seems to be hesitating on takeoffs in first and when switching into second gear. so i checked airfilter again for proper install. check, looked at plug wire sequence.check. and i have to say im a little dumb founded! im considering putting the factory airfilter back on. i would appreciate any input, or has anyone experienced this with an aftermarket airfilter?

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
The K&N filter does almost nothing other then lasting the life of your bike and maybe better airflow. My guess is a plug wire is not seated or maybe a plug got bumped when installing and change the gap a little.

S

Shamus McFeeley

I would put the stock filter back in, if the hesitation goes away, you've found your problem, if not then I would start checking your plug wires one at a time. The key to problems like this is not doing too much at one time, you don't want to miss what fixed your problem. By taking one troubleshooting step at a time you will isolate your problem. There's nothing worse than a problem fixing itself. Also, an over oiled filter can cause what your describing, did your filter come pre-oiled or did you add any?

To recap:

1. Go back to stock and test ride the bike, if you still have problems you know the K&N is not causing your problem. Re install your K&N and go to step If your problem went away, something was/is wrong with your K&N filter or how you installed it.

2. Check the hose fittings on the airbox, they should be secure. If you find something loose/disconnected, reconnect it and take another test ride. If you still have problems go to 3

3. Check your plug wires and or plugs. You want to make sure that you didn't get an odd plug in the bunch and that you didn't crack/damage your plug wires when you removed them.

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Having the same problem after changing my plugs/cleaning air filter/ and changing oil/coolant/.

Took bike apart today and checked all the plugs. Seemed fine/ checked throttle bodies and they were fine too.

Question: Do you get a little knock on decel? I notice it way more when RPMs drop below 4k.

Gonna clean fuel injectors next and check all electrical connections.

Please post if you find out what it was. cause i'm stumped. :banghead: