Scorpion Dual Stainless Slip Ons Group Buy/Info?

Chris89002

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, I love this site and am glad to now be part of it.
Anyways, I was thinking about getting the new Scorpion Dual Stainless Slip Ons. I found them at Pipecity for 490. Just wondering if these are a good choice?
Also, If there was anyone that maybe wanted to spearhead a group buy. I would do it but frankly I am not any good at that type of stuff, plus Im so busy lately that I have barly had enough time to write this post.
Thanks ALL.
Scorpion Dual Stainless Slip Ons | 1811-0601 | Exhaust | Pipe City

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
hey man, i would deffo recomend those exhausts, i got the older model on my fazer, and damn do they draw attention, i removed baffels, and they are sweet ;) have not actualy hurd what the new ones sound like, but they are scorpion, so can only be good :) good luck with them :thumbup:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chris,

Looking at the same cans myself. Scorpion emailed me back and said the new cans for the '09 are the YA84 and emailed the photo below. Of course, they aren't on the website as of yesterday. Are these the same as the ones you are looking at with just a different part number?

" The part code for the Yamaha FZ6 would be YA84, also please see
attached picture.
Best Regards
Brian"

Chris89002

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, those are the cans. I believe that the link to pipe city is the same product, the picture is just carbon on the site.
Am I mistaken?

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Every day I wake up and click "add to cart" for these pipes from pipecity.

And every day I realize I need to wait until I get paid this month.

Arrrgh! Want them so badly.

Scorp

Fairport

Reaction score
Visit site
Purchased today, $489 no tax or shipping. Best value out there.

This is now on the Scorpion website listed as EYA 84.

Thanks to all for the information to make an informed purchase. They look as good as anything out there. Of course; that's subjective.

BigBlacks 22s

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put the new Scorpion Exhaust on last Friday. All I can say is they give a nice rumble at idle but once you hit about 6k on the tach they scream!! These things are loud! I also did the Arrow Mid-Pipe Cat remover only a few days ago and that made it even louder. For the price these are and how they look I recommend them to everyone. They are by far the best deal and they are exceptionally great sounding! :rockon:

Here's a video I quick took after the Arrow Mid-Pipe. I know I know... I was in the garage and you can never get the full effect of the exhaust sound but this is how mine sounds! :thumbup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72lLxisEfQU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72lLxisEfQU[/ame]

Last edited:

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had the Scorpion cans fitted for around six months and they are awesome.

DSC02174-1.jpg

AcesLA07

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been planning on ordering the Scorps after I get back from Vegas for my birthday and an fe. Now I just need to get an fe that will work with the Scorps. Any good suggestions?

Also, where can you buy the Arrow Mid-Pipe Cat Remover? Can't you just take the bike down to an exhaust shop and get them to cut the cat out and weld a section of pipe back on for cheap? That's how I had my cat removed on my car.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those of you that ordered from Pipecity and installed, did you find the install a relatively simple one-man job? And does the newer style have the same issue with fitting the pipes, i.e. did you need to use exhaust sealant/gasket to seal any leaks?

Thanks!

Scorp

BigBlacks 22s

Reaction score
Visit site
Those of you that ordered from Pipecity and installed, did you find the install a relatively simple one-man job? And does the newer style have the same issue with fitting the pipes, i.e. did you need to use exhaust sealant/gasket to seal any leaks?

Thanks!

Scorp

I had a friend over that helped but it can be done fairly easy by one person. I installed my exhaust and then my Mid-Pipe came a week later. It took me about 30 minutes total the second time to remove all the tail sections and exhaust and put it all back together. The first time took about 2 hours making sure everything was together correctly and fitting all the exhaust parts together. There are no gaskets and I didn't use any sealants and there are no leaks either. They sound wonderful!

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
They look so good in the newer style but I think I like the older style better.

The older style sits more flush to the end of the tail lights and has the little endpipes that also look cool.

Does anyone know if performance is the same?

Is the sound the same?

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had the Scorpion cans fitted for around six months and they are awesome.

DSC02174-1.jpg

Youve got them on the wrong way mate,I did the same thing myself then changed them around;)
Actually looking at them again I think they are the round not oval pipes so you are cool.Apologies.

Last edited: