Scorpion exhaust restrictor

Va.Rider

Home in the Old Dominion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Per request, here's an inside view of my Scorpion exhaust showing the restrictor insert on the right & the clear through tunnel on the left. Scorpion distributor says that's how they even the exhaust flow between the two sides. FYI - This system was purchased in 2012. The system runs so cool due to improved gas flow that the rightside silencer can be touched & held after an hour's ride. The left one not so much but close. Thanx again to all the forum replies that helped me straighten out this very curious issue . Scorpion exhausts are the BOMB - period !!!! :D

View attachment 47364 View attachment 47365

Last edited:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly how mine are. Three years and no problems, and I still smile every time they fire up.

You'll notice besides the heat, one may get a little dirtier than the other as well.

Scorpio

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The restriction your talking about, is that the hole, literally in the "Y" pipe(right before the mufflers)?

I just looked at mine again and NOW, just noticed, the smaller sized hole in the "Y" pipe..

Va.Rider

Home in the Old Dominion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No, the hole IS the washer / restrictor that I talked about. Look at the photo on the right. What you're seeing is looking into the silencer (can) from the exhaust end towards the front of the bike. On the left pic its a straight tunnel (i.e. open tube) with the gazillion tiny perforations. Click on the image & blow it up for a better look inside. On the right is the right silencer / can. Instead of a straight tunnel there's the washer / restrictor welded at the end of the tunnel, again looking from the back of the bike towards the front. The washer is IN the right can only. :Flash:

Last edited:

Va.Rider

Home in the Old Dominion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You might just be right. I didn't actually measure it. Looking at the left can there seems to be a weld seam that might just actually be the "Y" pipe & not the can. I looked at the pipe before I did the install but don't recollect anything like that restrictor being there on the right side. Anyway mystery solved with help from Townsend & the rest of the guys. :thumbup:

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was just curious if they changed the pipes and actually, I never noticed the smaller hole cut in the "Y" pipe for the right side can..

I guess it is to even up the pressure between the can's.

Thank you!:thumbup: