Security chain spot

Rookiee

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys!

I've looked on my bike if there's maybe a manufacturer spot on chasis to be able to put security chain around! Am I blind or there's only solution to put it around the tire? :)

VUU

VW gearhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Tire, Subframe, Forks etc. there is no Specific place on the bike as far as I know, just wherever it fits

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on the size of the chain, put a cut up piece of bicycle inner tube and place it around the chain (where it'll touch the bike). If its real tight going on, some soapy water (like a tire change) will help. No mods to the bike and cheap...

You can just see on the trailer I built, atop the right side rack, a piece of chain covered with a bicycle tube. One side is welded to the rack, the other side has a link welded to the rack and and lock secures the chain thru the front wheel. You can see the left side rack, the covered chain is hanging.

Last edited:

FAZ6R

RE Member The Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys!

I've looked on my bike if there's maybe a manufacturer spot on chasis to be able to put security chain around! Am I blind or there's only solution to put it around the tire? :)
i use a disc lock on both front discs and one on the rear
but ive heard of people using scaffolding poles and 4 people lifting bike into a van
just make sure its always connected to an immovable object