Shipping co reviews/recommendations?

ricefazer

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be shipping my bike from MN to TX in the next few weeks. Any suggestions on a reputable shipping company? I'm looking at Uship, Shipping Masters, and a few others. Looking to spend around $500.

Also, I need to get new tires. Is it fine to get them before I ship my bike? Or does it make more sense to wait until i'm in Texas? It is a little more convenient to do it now, but is there a risk of damaging the tires (warping them?) during shipping?

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum! In light of shipping, look around... I would look for freight companies under bike transportation... If you plan on shipping it yourself. Compare, you will find that bike transportation is competitive. I thought of utilizing U-Ship because it sounds somewhat like a good idea. Is the bike used or new or are you moving? Uship might not necessarily insure the bike if damaged during transportation. Another observation about UShip; you don't know who's picking up the bike. You don't know if the individual who accepts the shipment has the necessary equipment to pick up the bike. example; moving straps, transportation pallet or brace for the bike. Regardless of a good reputation. For all we know the driver could be using a U-Haul loaded with god knows what with your bike. Just a few things to consider. When using U-Ship, you should get the opportunity to talk to the private transportation party to negotiate the terms of the transportation of your vehicle, based on your bid. On the other hand a normal freight company will typically have a insurance policy in place if the bike is damaged. They will also specify whether or not they specialize in bike transportation up front.... Uship will have some carriers that do specialize in bike transportation. But then you might have to still get around whether or not the shipping private party has insurance. Soooo, enough of my rambling. All things considered. Shop around compare. Someone might have better rates at any point in time. And MOST IMPORTANT! Make sure to itemize any damage on the bike when taking delivery of the vehicle at your residence. Itemize (write down) any damage you notice when looking over the bike prior to signing for it on the Bill of Lading (delivery note). If you happen to write anything on the bill of lading don't forget to make sure to get a copy for your receipt and the document is dated and signed....

If you already own the bike my guess is your already insured, and whether the bike is teansportation insured it might not matter...

Last edited:

tombilling3

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be shipping my bike from MN to TX in the next few weeks. Any suggestions on a reputable shipping company? I'm looking at Uship, Shipping Masters, and a few others. Looking to spend around $500.

Also, I need to get new tires. Is it fine to get them before I ship my bike? Or does it make more sense to wait until i'm in Texas? It is a little more convenient to do it now, but is there a risk of damaging the tires (warping them?) during shipping?

Hello buddy , my suggestion to you will be that you can check citizenshipper for your motorcycle shipping (link) as i got cheap pricing there for my bike 400 miles journey. And they are also one of the reputable shipping company in US.

And you can place your new tires in Texas as There is always a realistic chance of damage with any of the companies. Some are better at fixing than others. The inspection process when the bike is delivered is paramount. If damage is not identified when the bike is received you will struggle to get the damage covered even with the more reputable companies

So, pad up your bike properly, you can check some tutorials related it.