Single center exhaust?

Northeastfz

2005 FZ6 Stock, for now
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone had any experience with a single center exhaust? I am curious to see because 1 exhaust is cheaper than 2 and it might look cool too.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone had any experience with a single center exhaust? I am curious to see because 1 exhaust is cheaper than 2 and it might look cool too.

Some have used a CBR single out the back. Track guys ditch these for cheap so if you're up for welding, weld a pipe to it and go!

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure it would work just fine. The real question is how it would look (for those that care). The under-seat tail section of the FZ6 is made for a dual exhaust system. It might look a little funky with only one. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I think it would be very cool to see!

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
My setup is a single can. It's actually hidden for the most part, I tucked it back underneath the seat as much as possible, and aside from the problems I've had melting electronics around my turn signals and license plate, it's been fine.

I agree that seeing one can instead of two would look weird, and I wanted to fab it first before I shelled out money on a good one. If you can hide a can, do it, if you can't, be creative.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I once had a plan to install a muffler where the mid-pipe is, but few exist that fit that area. Goal was a basic Y tail pipe. Oh well.. Its done now!