Small Native American hand-made baskets

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Briana, my daughter, is a decedent of the Native American tribe of Maine called the Penobscot's. She has studied under her Grandmother who is a master basket weaver. Here are three pieces of her work. Please PM me for pricing if interested. Serious inquiries only as these are not inexpensive items but hand-made crafts. There are no fasteners, nails, glue, etc on these ash and sweet grass baskets. These are 100% hand-woven by her. Materials are native to the area and hand selected and hand prepared/cut to size. Proceeds are entirely hers and go toward her college tuition. Thanks for looking!

View attachment 18535 View attachment 18536 View attachment 18537

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! Talented daughter, must take after mom huh;) Good luck on the sales:thumbup:

Client915

Reaction score
Visit site
the Native American tribe of Maine called the Penobscot's. She has studied under her Grandmother who is a master basket weaver.

Yes, this tribe is in Old Town, Maine where I am from. Their reservation is literaly less than a quarter of a mile from my house. I take the baskets for granted since I see them all the time. They are often sold in a shop in town by the Maine Indian Basketmakers Alliance, also a very close to me. Does she also make the pack baskets (used for ice fishing mostly)? Do you every come up this way with her? There are a few nice rides up here!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, this tribe is in Old Town, Maine where I am from. Their reservation is literaly less than a quarter of a mile from my house. I take the baskets for granted since I see them all the time. They are often sold in a shop in town by the Maine Indian Basketmakers Alliance, also a very close to me. Does she also make the pack baskets (used for ice fishing mostly)? Do you every come up this way with her? There are a few nice rides up here!

We come that way a few times a year. Both my Mom and my wife's mother live up there. I was born in Bangor and raised in Old Town. :D You might know some Randall's in the area and chances are, I'm related to them. I grew up out by Harris Grocery on College Ave. I used to work for the Harris' place while in high school.

My daughter is a member of the basket alliance. She was just up there a while ago for the show in Bar Harbor with her Grandmother.

She's got some others made that I have to get pics of. She doesn't make the packs, only the smaller ornamental baskets with ash and sweetgrass.

So, we may know a lot of common people in Old Town! BTW, I plan on being there this weekend on the bike. :D