So the Treasury Secretary can set your salary and retroactively change your employment contract?

W

wrightme43

The company is bankrupt, and the Gov't is keeping from going to bankruptcy court because they are not a going concern but their closing their doors would have worse consequences.

In bankruptcy the stockholders have no say over executive compensation the judge and/or receiver does.

But hey I don't understand complex issues!

Man I am not attacking you, I do ask that you read a bit, and try to get some grasp of the facts surrounding this. This is very far off base here.

Bankruptcy is a specific procedure, giving a company money that doesnt exist is a whole other kettle of fish.

Please spend some time reading about how business is conducted.

Without valid contracts nothing gets made, nothing gets sold, nothing gets bought, except small cash trasactions, and small items that can be made with the raw materials inside the area you personally can aquire them with cash you already have.

Business comes to a stand still. NOTHING will get built. Contracts are either solid or they are worthless. There is no real middle ground where the whole global trade with the US is concerned.

Check out how outside investement in Venezuala is going now. They nullified a bunch of contracts and now....... Read a bit man, please for the love of our country read a bit. Hell do it just to spite me and prove me wrong. I dont care why you or how you aquire this knowledge. I just want you to have a understanding of what is happening. If you really understand it and support it, that is your right. If you understand it as well as you have demonstrated, your opinon on it doesnt matter.

Please do understand that if the country goes down the path that the other countries that have tried these methods, you will personally need a gun to protect your life, home and property from the starving people around you.

People that think like me, will either be imprisoned, sent to reeducation camps, executed, or win. I will not be anything other than a free citizen with liberty.

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Read a bit man, please for the love of our country read a bit... I just want you to have a understanding of what is happening. If you really understand it and support it, that is your right.

I know I have some reading to do ;)

Seriously though, any recommendations on where to start?

I'm not being sarcastic or funny, I should know more about this than I currently do.

W

wrightme43

sure man as best I can.

Here is a great book

http://www.allbusiness.com/finance/780072-1.html

Here is a great website

Read thru his archives. Just so you know he voted against Bush this is not a Dem/Repub deal man. This is the whole world economy collapsing, and wether or not we come out of it a republic recognisable as the US at all.

http://market-ticker.org/

Here is a good one

My dad made me read the whole entire thing when I was a kid. For some reason I came away with the belief that they wrote it in plain English to mean exactly what it says.

My favorite part was the enumration of our God givin rights. Not that the Constition bestows these rights, only that these are the rights of free men. Then it says that any thing not givin expressly to the Federal government is a state or peoples right respectively.

http://www.law.emory.edu/index.php?id=3080

Dont forget they had just fought a horrible war, almost lost, and were trying something completely unproven.

Read up on Thomas Jefferson, that man was sharp.

Verify your news, thats my main advice and try to figure out what the unintended consquences of gov. actions will be.

Got a new thread coming up with a great one.

edit please excuse my spelling my keyboard batteries are dying off.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man I am not attacking you, I do ask that you read a bit, and try to get some grasp of the facts surrounding this. This is very far off base here.

Bankruptcy is a specific procedure, giving a company money that doesnt exist is a whole other kettle of fish.

Please spend some time reading about how business is conducted.

Without valid contracts nothing gets made, nothing gets sold, nothing gets bought, except small cash trasactions, and small items that can be made with the raw materials inside the area you personally can aquire them with cash you already have.

Business comes to a stand still. NOTHING will get built. Contracts are either solid or they are worthless. There is no real middle ground where the whole global trade with the US is concerned.

Check out how outside investement in Venezuala is going now. They nullified a bunch of contracts and now....... Read a bit man, please for the love of our country read a bit. Hell do it just to spite me and prove me wrong. I dont care why you or how you aquire this knowledge. I just want you to have a understanding of what is happening. If you really understand it and support it, that is your right. If you understand it as well as you have demonstrated, your opinon on it doesnt matter.

Please do understand that if the country goes down the path that the other countries that have tried these methods, you will personally need a gun to protect your life, home and property from the starving people around you.

People that think like me, will either be imprisoned, sent to reeducation camps, executed, or win. I will not be anything other than a free citizen with liberty.

Your patronizing response is typical and avoids the point as usual.

You don't have to go off on tangents telling me about contracts and how they facilitate commerce. That is just distraction.

The fact is Bankruptcy Judges can nullify compensation contracts. And do.

You can pretend that AIG is solvent if you want, but it is not. You can pretend that the colapse of the world financial system can be handled in bankruptcy court if you want, but it can't. If it could have been, it would have been. That simple.

And stop with trying to equate Obama with Hugo Chavez. Really, it's just pathetic.

Here's a couple of references.

http://http://www.law.com/jsp/PubArticle.jsp?id=900005461940

http://http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:z_uIhSPMp5IJ:roomfordebate.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/17/when-bonus-contracts-can-be-broken/%3Fapage%3D10+can+bankruptcy+judge+nullify+executive+pay+contracts&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

W

wrightme43

Oscar I am not trying to patronise you. I am saying your grasp of the issue is way off base.

I am not pretending that AIG is solvent. AIG is bancrupt but is not being forced into bancruptcy and is instead being used as a pass thru company to launder money to foreign and domestic banks.

Obama and Chavez have a great many simularities in thier actions, and stated goals. It is a fair comparison.

It is not patronizing to point out that someone is missing the understanding of a issue they are trying to debate.

It is not a tangent to point out the consquences of actions that are being discussed.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oscar I am not trying to patronise you. I am saying your grasp of the issue is way off base.

I am not pretending that AIG is solvent. AIG is bancrupt but is not being forced into bancruptcy and is instead being used as a pass thru company to launder money to foreign and domestic banks.

Obama and Chavez have a great many simularities in thier actions, and stated goals. It is a fair comparison.

It is not patronizing to point out that someone is missing the understanding of a issue they are trying to debate.

It is not a tangent to point out the consquences of actions that are being discussed.

Well finally there is a point we can agree on. The fact that AIG's funding results in a pass through to foreign and domestic banks.

That is because of the derivatives that these guys used to create unbelievable wealth out of thin air.

No one really knows how deep this rabbit hole really goes and that is the problem. That is why our government and the other G20 governments are trying to keep the financial system solvent.

Bernie Sanders, who is liberal, and you may find his views distasteful, but is an intelligent man, said that there is this multi-trillion dollar unregulated economy that only the super wealthy move in, where these derivatives have caused severe problems. But now it is affecting the economy you and I live in.

While letting the whole thing crash and they loose their collective asses would be just desserts, the affects on people like you and me would be more disastrous.

I'm hoping, because that is all I can do, that Obama's administration and the other governments can get these things under control. Bankruptcy court cannot bring consensus to a worldwide problem.